Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 7k miles focus makes weird brake noise from the back. I tried to see if the back shoes are not properly align to the drums but I can not take it off. Also, I think they do not put much force since the front ones dust really fast and the brake handle seems to catch quite high...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ahve the same problem on my 2001 SE. Start by adjusting the parking brake. It's fairly easy. You ned to take off the boot over the parking brake handle to get to the adjustment nut. The boot has two tabs that you can pry clear by sliding a flat blade down between the boot and the plastic of the console. There is one tab on the left and right side toward the front of the boot (front of the car). Once free, the boot will slide forward releasing the rear tabs. I adjust the nut until one rear wheel just catches on the brakes as you spin the tire off the ground.

What I have found is that when the parking brake is properly adjusted, the rear brakes grab much better under normal braking and that they will make less noise. Good Luck!

·
Registered
407 Posts
yeah the focus brake system sucks, there isnt enough space from the pad to the drum so it viberates really badly( which is the screech)....to fix that get a file and take of the drum and file down the edges of the brake pad, in my auto tech class 3 of the focus had that problem and that fixes it right up[thumb]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts