Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In December of 2011 I replaced both rear wheel drums with new ones that included the bearing pac. I have just replaced both of those rear drums due to bearing failures. Both inner bearings on each drum failed.

I want to make sure that I have the tourqe on the drum nut correct. I am not usre what it is.

Does anyone know the torque specifications for it?

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
If by "drum nut", you mean the single center wheel hub retaining nut, it's 173 lb-ft.
That number is correct. I also replaced drums that included bearings and didn't torque them down enough. 6 months later my bearings were totally shot.

btw, December 2011 hasn't happened yet, so I assume you mean 2010?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That number is correct. I also replaced drums that included bearings and didn't torque them down enough. 6 months later my bearings were totally shot.

btw, December 2011 hasn't happened yet, so I assume you mean 2010?
What do you mean "didn't torque them down enough". my bearings are shot after 6 months. What did you do right second time around?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Brakes, Suspension & Chassis.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
What do you mean "didn't torque them down enough". my bearings are shot after 6 months. What did you do right second time around?
Did you install them yourself? If so, did you use a torque wrench?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2009 ford focus rear break help

hello
im in the middle of a rear drum brake job. i got everything done to the point of bolting the drum back on and torque to 170ftp. the problem is that when i bolt on the drum the brum still moves back and forth. im trying everything i can think of. any suggestions or anyone else run this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 ford focus rear break help

hello
im in the middle of a rear drum brake job. i got everything done to the point of bolting the drum back on and torque to 170ftp. the problem is that when i bolt on the drum the brum still moves back and forth. im trying everything i can think of. any suggestions or anyone else run this problem.
Replace the "spindle stub shaft" about $50 at autozone. Gonna want to use threadlocker red on the 4 13mm bolts holding it in place to the brake shoe backing plate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts