Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couldn't find anything on this, but does anyone know if the car comes with a factory adjustment valve for brake bias or not? wanting to possibly adjust brakes if i could.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
curious, how are you trying to bias it? want more in the front or rear? are you trying to set up for each event different to bias all 4 different? change in the middle of the run on the fly kind of stuff?

Would not think for auto crossing (this being the thread you posted in) you would need mush changing from run to run or in the middle of the run as its all on asphalt. Most of the on the fly stuff is for mixed terrain racing.

if you want more grip on one side or front or back the easiest way is to likely change out pads to be more aggressive with more bite in that location.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
figured @bringler.

and wanting more bite in the rear and I'm running HP pads. just feel i could use more brake in the rear.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
There are more aggressive pads than HP. Depending on driving style though they might not be at temperature when your using them. So for track use you can use a more aggressive pad just in the rear. But they may be to cold and give you less bite under DD conditions.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are more aggressive pads than HP. Depending on driving style though they might not be at temperature when your using them. So for track use you can use a more aggressive pad just in the rear. But they may be to cold and give you less bite under DD conditions.
running hawk HP 5.0 pads in front and rear, the fronts get hot enough to work properly for racing & daily driving but the rears don't as obviously all the braking force is up front. The one thing I really noticed with these pads is that they like to be hot to work properly, just wishing there was a way to get more bite in the rear to get them heated up and grab more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts