Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone with the eibach sway bar setup (25 rear 22 front) ever went from just the rear sway bar and stock front and then to both upgraded ever notice a difference?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I did that setup once and noticed a huge difference. It was great. Only one problem though which has been reported by a few other users as well. The drivers side bushing for the front swaybar provided by Eibach was too big. It allowed excess movement of the bar up and down creating a clunking noise over bumps. I ended up replacing it with the H&R 24mm front bar. Coupled with the 25mm rear Eibach bar its perfect. There were no problems with the rear bar. Just the one thing I would caution you about.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...did it dial in understeer again?...because with just the rear one on i have hardly any.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
i have the h&r 24mm up front and the steeda 28mm in the rear..i like it its so stiff and i have had no prob so far with my control arms cracking and i have no understear

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it is installed and I LOVE IT!!!!...i don't get any clinking noise what so ever...now all i need is some good rims and then i will be done with all the handling part of my car and then i can start doing engine work....YAY!!!![:D] [headbang] [woot][ffrocks] [loveff]

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Nice! Sounds like you got a good bushing. lol.

And as far as your question about it dialing back in some understeer with the bigger front bar yeah it did a bit. But I honestly didn't like it that much with the big bar in front with the smaller in the rear. Just felt like the rear was too wild at times... The H&R really calmed it down a bit.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this feels perfect...it's really neutral with just a little bit of oversteer...and i think it handles just as good if not better than my dads TSX...lol

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, i have a slight bit of oversteer in my setup as well, tryin to tweek it out!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i like the oversteer..it's not to much just right...BTW...my dad just read this and doesn't believe me so now it's on...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts