Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys ready for the big winter storm we are getting today into sunday. Wnep said noxen is getting 10 inches of snow today.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Oh great my family is in wv and tehy are going to be trazeling in that

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Well looks like I'm catching a ride with someone to work monday. Toyo Proxes aren't the tire of choice for that weather!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
bah.... the Harrisburg area isn't going to get s[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] with this storm. Maybe a little icing tonight, but rain throughout the day because temps won't be low enough.

However, if my morning commute was any indication of people's fears about the weather, expect some major delays even though its only raining. With the way people were driving this morning (the temp was 37) you'd have thought there was 2 inches of snow and ice already.

That is really the only thing that annoys me about my move from Upstate NY to Central PA. No one knows how to handle winter weather on the roads... least of all PennDOT!

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
I'm ALWAYS ready for some SNOW..We need a white christmas. The Fofo is in the garage getting suspension bits put on, but I have my snows on the stock 16's ready.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
No snow here... all rain. Clear tomorrow, travelin to NC tomrorow. Any1 see a red foci hatch with rims on, dont be afarid to honk.

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
Well looks like I'm catching a ride with someone to work monday. Toyo Proxes aren't the tire of choice for that weather!
lowerd ,boost+open diff = no go in teh snow!

bah.... the Harrisburg area isn't going to get s[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] with this storm. Maybe a little icing tonight, but rain throughout the day because temps won't be low enough.

However, if my morning commute was any indication of people's fears about the weather, expect some major delays even though its only raining. With the way people were driving this morning (the temp was 37) you'd have thought there was 2 inches of snow and ice already.

That is really the only thing that annoys me about my move from Upstate NY to Central PA. No one knows how to handle winter weather on the roads... least of all PennDOT!
I lived around west point and there were cliffs that had HUGE dropoffs w/ nothing but a lil gaurdrail in some spots, falling rocks on one side and plenty of snow thought out hte winter.
That was what i compare 'winter ' driving to.
And hell yeah people around here cant drive in inclimate weather...at all.

I'm ALWAYS ready for some SNOW..We need a white christmas. The Fofo is in the garage getting suspension bits put on, but I have my snows on the stock 16's ready.
Ready??
What are u gonna put em on in the morning before work when u see snow on the ground.
My FoFo's winter shoes were kickin it at cecil ftw!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I lived around west point and there were cliffs that had HUGE dropoffs w/ nothing but a lil gaurdrail in some spots, falling rocks on one side and plenty of snow thought out hte winter.
That was what i compare 'winter ' driving to.
And hell yeah people around here cant drive in inclimate weather...at all.
Storm King Highway FTW [driving]

Between Cornwall and West Point; only open what? 4 months out of the year? lol

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
What winter storm? All we got was a cold rain and I believe that's all we will be getting.

·
Registered
888 Posts
today in cecil, it rained ALL day, wasnt even cold. I walked out to my car about an hour ago in shorts and a t-shirt, granted it was a fast walk, but not that cold over here. And tomorrow they callin for more rain. YAAAaaaayyy.....

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
Storm King Highway FTW [driving]

Between Cornwall and West Point; only open what? 4 months out of the year? lol
Hey someone knows where I am talking about.
Sweet!!!!
Its scenic and beautiful during the summer.
But most of the year it was dangerous.
My dad drove us thru there alot on the way to newburgh.
Where we lived when he was teaching there.
I remember having to turn around and go the long way around cause either rocks fell into road causing accidents, or worse yet ...on one occasion i remember distinctly...a trucker swerved to avoid rocks and went thru gaurd rail, and well use ur imagination.
It wasnt good.
Its been so long since i have been up there.
I'd love to go back up and drive the focus thru there...during the summer.lol.
If not just to see how its all changed now.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Hey someone knows where I am talking about.
Sweet!!!!
Its scenic and beautiful during the summer.
But most of the year it was dangerous.
My dad drove us thru there alot on the way to newburgh.
Where we lived when he was teaching there.
I remember having to turn around and go the long way around cause either rocks fell into road causing accidents, or worse yet ...on one occasion i remember distinctly...a trucker swerved to avoid rocks and went thru gaurd rail, and well use ur imagination.
It wasnt good.
Its been so long since i have been up there.
I'd love to go back up and drive the focus thru there...during the summer.lol.
If not just to see how its all changed now.
Yup, I was raised in Middletown, NY; I'm sure you know where that is. I ran track all through high school and was up at the field-house at West Point just about every Friday night during the winter for meets.

I loved hitting Storm King during the summer once I had my license. I remember there was a loop you could do taking Rt. 218 (Storm King) from West Point to Cornwall, then taking 9W around the other side of the mountain and back to West Point. Loved that drive. Maybe we can set up a Mid Atlantic meets NE G2G over the summer at Bear Mountain State Park up there or something.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Doesn't look like we are getting anything here in teh Western part of Pennsylvania or West Virginia.

That sucks.

I would like a really huge blizzard right about now.
A good 4 or 5 feet of snow would be most pleasant.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you guys ready for the big winter storm we are getting today into sunday. Wnep said noxen is getting 10 inches of snow today.
Okay so I did not understand that last sentence BUT I hope you have plenty of Beer/Food/Shots to keep you happy cause shoveling snow SUCKS.

I want it to be 80 degrees so bad I can taste it "Common Spring"[woot]

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yesterday drove from North Jersey just outside NYC to Reading, PA. Plenty of snow until we crossed into PA, just rain then. Lots of accidents in NJ - mostly SUVs. Amazing how people forget their winter driving skills. Return trip today was a breeze.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yesterday drove from North Jersey just outside NYC to Reading, PA. Plenty of snow until we crossed into PA, just rain then. Lots of accidents in NJ - mostly SUVs. Amazing how people forget their winter driving skills. Return trip today was a breeze.
For some reason they think SUV'S are immune from ice and snow and that you can go ballz to the wall and pass everyone and nothing is going to happen, I guess the humor in this is like you said a few miles later you see the same SUV in the ditch or woods.[driving] [boxface]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts