Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready 2 Mod Now!!HELP!!!

Hello Everyone:
Ok so I got the money, lined up the mechanic, and all i have to do is buy the parts.Before I do so let me tell you whats up....
1) I have decided to go with the FC Central racing header and the FC flex pipe.I believe thats all I need since I already got the Cat-back.
2)THe mechanic is a ford dealer mechanic that works on the dealership where i Take my Focus for questions and service.He used to drive a ZX3 and now upgraded to the SVT.In talking to him he told me would be more than happy to do the mods at his house since he has the gear and explained he can do everithing for me since he has done it before.
3)I live FL, so the emissions have been cancelled and not done statewide, so i figure it would be cheaper and with better performance to go with race header than the shorty/high glow cat set up.MY only concern is noise...HOw loud its going to get??
4)the header is costing me 349.00 shipped but the FC flex pipe seen it advertised in another website for 99.00 and states is the same mild steel pipe from the FC central website.
SO wanted to get your feedback before I take the plunge(hopefully tomorrow) for the order of parts!!!
Again your comments and responses will be welcomed.
Happy x-mas!!
[thumb] [thumb]

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
id get the focus sport header if it were me. there has been some build problems with the FC, can crack sometimes. just the heads up. congrats, and it will be loud :)

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I have a FC race header, it has been on a year now, it looks virtually the same as it did when new. I tho would get the FS race header and flexpipe, much better quality in their products.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
what about FC's "new and improved" race header?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i know they have a new and improved one, but u just never know with FC. i dont really like companies that have to make a 2nd and 3rd gen anything when the reason is for design flaws. do they warranty their header? that might be some persuasion since they say its the most powerful on the market

·
Registered
47 Posts
i wuld get a shorty header with the offroad pipe to a nice magnaflow exhaust....but thats just me...ORR if u get the race header...watever kind of exhaust u get, id get a silencer to quiet that puppy down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts