Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as some of you already know, I decided about 2 days ago to drop stock and go aftermarket for the radio. I've been looking around, and I wanted to make sure that I had a radio with the same color as my interior, as to not look rice. HERE IS OUR ANSWER!!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500IDAX100/Alpine-iDA-X100.html?tp=5684

It's an Alpine Digital Receiver, which means it doesn't do CD's, but if your like me and use your iPod all the time in the car anyways, it doesn't really matter. I'd rather save my CD's anyways.

But anyways, the big thing about this radio is that it has options to change color ON THE DOT! Kinda like the Mustangs face gauges. It's a real good looking thing too. I've seen one in person, and they happen to have a green in the EXACT same tone as the green in the focus. It's going to look great!

·
Registered
433 Posts
There is a Blaupunkt radio on crutchfield that plays cd's and does the same color change thing.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
actually that radio only turns from blue to red...does not have multiple color options

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Ur funny, cuz you remind me of me. HAHAHA, this is cracking me up.

I have red LED's all around including the floor.

I wanted a cool looking stereo that:
1.) Had a red display
2.) Looked different
3.) Didn't have a CD player, only USB (i hate ipods)

Then I found this:

That's why you crack me up, cuz I did the exact same thing.

But if I could do it all over again, yeah, I'd go with the higher end model. I'm not very impressed with the USB functionality at all.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well...... I'm pretty sure that's the same model. I saw it in store change color to green to blue to red to yellow to white and so forth......... I'm pretty sure it does change color like that....

·
Registered
759 Posts
my wife has a pioneer cdplayer does the same thing blue, green, red, and i think white.

[bootyshak sorry to burst your bubble.. that's a good one though.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
i had an alpine unit two years ago that changed to like 6 different colors, red, blue, green, yellow, purple, and i think orange

·
Registered
240 Posts
my h/u does the same thing alot of color chang even plays demos on the lcd screen that you can download :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I bought a Pioneer HU w/ flipdown face, mp3 out & sub outs a few years back that had a green and white OLED face that matches the dash perfect.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
everyone is bursting this poor guys bubble..

·
Registered
97 Posts
i own that head unit and i can confirm that it only does blue and red. still an awesome head unit though.

pics:

·
Registered
422 Posts
why does it matter if your radio has different colors than your dash...the green we have is the ugliest color of dash lights ive seen...why didnt they do like red or blue...it probably cost the same

i guess you can argue visibility, since green is the most visible color in the dark or something i think...but you can see red and blue in the dark too...they are lights

·
Registered
97 Posts
green is ugly, i agree, but its the least wearing on your eyes.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i dont mind it....i have a DDX512 screen in my car and it does offer the color matching and it looks pretty slick with the rest of the gauges

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have white lights on my Subaru Imprezza on my Spedo & tach. I took the pod cover off, sanded the green off, and popped it back on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have white lights on my Subaru Imprezza on my Spedo & tach. I took the pod cover off, sanded the green off, and popped it back on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts