Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - So a couple years ago I bought a tune and a predator from Focus Power for my 2003 SVT 3 door. It was just the standard tune as my car was stock. I loaded it in my car, then a few months later removed it as I sold the car. I put the stock program back in the car. I since have purchased another stock 2003 SVT and wonder if I can use the programmer for my new SVT?

·
Registered
145 Posts
As far as I know as long as the car is an SVT you can re-use it, but I believe you will have to re-purchase toms tune which I think is 125.00-150.00?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the tune is a one time use only thing? So even though it's not in use on my old car, I can't use it on my new car? Seems odd.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
So the tune is a one time use only thing? So even though it's not in use on my old car, I can't use it on my new car? Seems odd.
He'll have to make a new tune specifically for your new car. He offers updates for free (good luck finding that elsewhere), but if you get a new car, that's considerably more work.
Send him an email and ask about it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He'll have to make a new tune specifically for your new car. He offers updates for free (good luck finding that elsewhere), but if you get a new car, that's considerably more work.
Send him an email and ask about it.
I have tried emailing him from focus-power.com and it bounces back to me. Also - both cars were bone stock, so I'm not sure why it would be considerable more work.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have tried emailing him from focus-power.com and it bounces back to me. Also - both cars were bone stock, so I'm not sure why it would be considerable more work.
I'm assuming it's because no 2 cars are the same and he would have to start right from scratch on the new car.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm assuming it's because no 2 cars are the same and he would have to start right from scratch on the new car.
As far as I all his "stock SVT" tunes are the same. I never was requested to send any kind of log or info when I bought it int he first place other than "It is stock".

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Sorry been traveling

My email is [email protected]

If you look the tune will be gone from your Predator the FREE tuning goes with 1 Predator (unless there was a warranty issue) and 1 car , Sence you sold one and replaced it with another SVT I will work with you and do you another tune for half cost 75.00

My # is 704-249-3745 if you want to contact me

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts