Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a '05 ZX3. The HU doesn't come have RCA's in the back, so I have to install a line-ouput converter right? I was just wondering if somebody can point me to the right wires to connect to.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
LR speaker +/- white/purple gray/white
RR speaker +/- white gray

that's for the rears and a sub install. if you need the fronts let me know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually don't know what I need. Besides the converter. My buddy just gave me one. I didn't think to ask him which wires went where and I won't be able to call him for a while. But basically. I have a stock single-CD player and I got a sub and amp for it. I bought an amp kit already. I'm just wondering what connects to what. The converter has 2 RCA's and a brown wire coming from one end and four wires from the other. 2 white (one with a stripe) and 2 grey(also one has a stripe).

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
the two white wire need to go to the left speaker leads that i listed above, the gray ones go to the right. don't worry about the brown wires, those are only needed when the LOC (line out converter) doesn't work without seeing a ground, which for the most part they work fine. the remote turn on wire needs to be connected to the yellow/green wire behind the radio.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
if you really dont know what to do i would suggest taking it to a pro, learned from exp, but now im quite good at it. Focuson03 is explaining it pretty good too.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
all the wires i mentioned are located behinde the radio, just remember you don't want to cut them, just splice into them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TY, my buddy is helping me and he knows what he's doing. He just asked me to find out wire colors and location and stuff to save some time. You guys were very helpful, ty again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts