Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get to around 3000 rpm's I hear this rattling sound comming from the right side of my car and I cant figure out what is making it. It's not all that loud, but I notice it. Has anyone else had this problem? It's driving me nuts.

·
Registered
291 Posts
is it coming from the back or front...?Is it only when your driving at 3000 rpms or will it do it when your car is at a stand still and revs at 3000 rpms...Some specifics you throw in...also if you can get the noise to happend while your cars in neutral and just revingh the car have someone look to see where the noise is coming from.You might be able to pin point it.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesnt do it when I rev while not moving, it's when I'm driving, it's comming from the right front of the car, and I think it's around the dash, and I'm not sure what it sounds like. I might have found out what it is though, on one of my vents, the thing that makes it so you can point the air in which direction you want it to go, it fell out and I'm not sure where to, so I'm assuming it's hanging around in there somewhere.

·
Registered
793 Posts
well that kind of sucks, now u have to get that little plastic piece out of your ducting!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a similar problem, cept its only when i'm about to come to a stop it. It is the fan that blows air inside the cabin. I know its cold, but try turing off your heat and see if it does it anymore. I can almost gaurantee that it will not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts