Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 2007 Focus 4 door hatchback SES. I have a severe rattling noise coming from the rear passenger wheel area. To date I have replaced:

Tire -replaced
rear sway bar - replaced
rear struts - replaced
had drums inspected and cleaned of dust all ok
exhaust system inspected all ok
entire car inspected-all ok

Does anyone have any ideas? It gets worse the faster I go, very loud at high speeds. I only have 2 ideas left --

The rim?
The front tires are in very bad shape and I will be replacing them in 2 weeks and they are causing vibration?

I have been told there was a rock stuck in the exhaust and that was removed didn't help, I have paid and paid and had this car inspected 3X and according to the shop there is nothing they can do...

any help is much appreciated [?|]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat (can't be sure it's chassis related).

"Rattle" doesn't help a lot for description, anything additional could help.

Could even be something like a loose rear bumper cover flapping in the wind from description so far.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had a noise in the back of mine it was the emergency brake cable where it goes through the metal ring holder. I cut a strip of plastic from a oil container and wrapped it around the cable and slid it into the metal ring been quiet now for years

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah sorry.. also sounds like a squeak sometimes..very high pitched squeaking noise
very constant at high speeds chirping and squeaking from rear wheel

thank you for the replies

·
Super Moderator
9,564 Posts
One way to test the bearing is to lift up the rear end, grab the wheel at the top and bottom and rock it back and forth a few times. If it has to much play, that means the bearing more than likely needs to be replaced or repaired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts