Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one of those people that like my music loud with a descent amount of bass but I knew not to have a lot of bass of the stock speakers on my 2010 focus so I put the treble a little higher then the bass which made them sound a lot better and still vibrate the doors at a high level of volume. Well I think I may have blown one of the speaker but not really for sure because the rattling only starts on high volume with a good amount of bass. If you leave the volume at a moderate level you get no rattle at all. I thought it was loose speakers so I went to You Tube on how to remove the door panels and check to make sure the speakers hadn't come lose which they hadn't so I then proceeded to put the door panels back on a take everything out of the glove box to see if it was rattling something in the glove box which it wasn't so now I have learned to deal with it for the most part. So does this sound like a bad speaker or something else causing the rattle in the passenger side door. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Sounds like a stock speaker being a stock speaker. They're not made to handle lots of bass at high volume. They simply cannot displace enough air to reach most folks idea of a sufficient level of bass. If you've been rattling the door panels with them, it's obvious you're pushing them pretty hard. Why not install a single low-power 10" subwoofer and pull the bass out of the door speakers? You'll get far more bass output and more life out of those stockies.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are lots of plastic pieces touching plastic pieces in these cars. I just took my panels off to install aftermarket speakers and some sound deadening, and while I was at it, I used some thin double sided sticky weather stripping to buffer all the plastic on plastic joints I could find. The white plastic pieces that button the door panel to the door can also be a major source of rattle. I removed these white buttons from the door panel, wrapped each piece with a bit of flagging tape, then put them back on. Drastically reduces plastic on plastic rattle. Good luck - there's nothing more annoying in car audio than rattle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts