Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i put on race headers on my stock exhaust and want to know how it would sound if i took off the broken resonator not the lunchbox and replaced it with flex pipe.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
on a stock exhaust, it would b raspy.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what should i add there it is already raspy with the metal vibrating

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
borla!!!

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dnt want anything loud at all and also dnt want to spend the money

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from where i need new wheels and i would like to replace with a resonator but i cant find anything less than 70 which is way to much for the bank

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
go to any muffler shop, you should be able to get a resonator for about 50 bucks or less.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet i will call bluegrass muller monday and what they can do. any brand i should look for

·
Registered
174 Posts
for temp i have that setup and yes at high rpms its really raspy and now getting on my nerves... i think when i had it open header it sounded better lol

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
i say just save up for a proper flex-back, you know once you have enough youll want to redo the exhaust anyway lol 1-7/8" sucks

·
Registered
975 Posts
open header is way more raspy. that what i am currently running.
but if u want something quiet then save for the FS cat back. i have the non stealth and u cant even hear my car at the track.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for now i will go with theflex pipe so it does not rattle and get a custom 2.25 in with a FS stealth muffler

1 - 13 of 13 Posts