Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Ford Focus SE that I purchased brand new in December 2014.
I now have a little over 5,000 miles on it.

About 1 month ago, I noticed a rattle noise coming from outside the vehicle. I'm not sure of where exactly it's coming from, but I hear it from the front passenger side area. I hear it down near the floor-board area, under the dash..but it sounds like it's coming from the outside of the vehicle.

And it doesn't always rattle. I only notice the noise sometimes when I'm on the freeway at 75mph.. it only happens around 50% of the time.. Not sure if it has to do with the wind or what is going on.

I finally got time to take it into the local Ford dealer yesterday morning. They had it all day yesterday, and all day today. They called me around 4pm and said that it's possibly coming from the engine cover under the car, or from a flap in the wheel well area, but "there's nothing (they) can do to fix it".

I'm first off completely upset that they kept my car overnight and didn't get me a rental. I understand that this isn't a drivability or safety issue, but aren't you suppose to get one if they are keeping the car overnight?

And then, why won't the dealer fix it? They've acknowledged the problem, but won't do anything about it?? The nearest dealer is about a hour drive away, and I can't get the car to the dealer if they're not going to give me a rental to drive home and to get to work. Any ideas on what to do?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
As far as rides, all the places I know give you a ride home or to work & then pick you up afterwards. Could be they were busy at the time you brought it in.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Tell them to check arround the resonator. That was the rattle I had... They found it after 7 appointements. Everybody thought it was suspension related in the front but turns out the rattle also happen with the brake on when you give a little gas.

I've been told later that they were finally able to fix 2 other Focus because of the time they put on mine.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The rental car is a dealer thing. Some dealers offer it to all new car buyers during the full factory warranty. Some dealers do not. Typically YOU have to ask for it. Ask when you are calling to make the appointment. And ask is it free? (mention you bought the car there)
Some will some won't give you a free loaner to use. Some will charge for it but tell you up front). But YOU have to ask.
Dealer service depts have only a few loaners. and they are all preauthorized to max the use. No one just walks in and gets one.
Also you can have a free loaner if you buy the Ford extended service plan. The extended service plan from Ford can come with ('cuz you pay for it, the total is like $50. for mine for 8 years..) a loaner car every service visit. Again you still have to ask IN ADVANCE when you make the appointment.

As for the repair. They have to find it and note it. they cannot fix what they do not find. If it is intermittent, you may be SOL.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Tell them to check arround the resonator. That was the rattle I had... They found it after 7 appointements. Everybody thought it was suspension related in the front but turns out the rattle also happen with the brake on when you give a little gas.

I've been told later that they were finally able to fix 2 other Focus because of the time they put on mine.
You just gave me an AH HA moment. After my exhaust was put on, a bucket load of rattles disappeared...

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have a 2014 Ford Focus SE that I purchased brand new in December 2014.
I now have a little over 5,000 miles on it.

About 1 month ago, I noticed a rattle noise coming from outside the vehicle. I'm not sure of where exactly it's coming from, but I hear it from the front passenger side area. I hear it down near the floor-board area, under the dash..but it sounds like it's coming from the outside of the vehicle.

And it doesn't always rattle. I only notice the noise sometimes when I'm on the freeway at 75mph.. it only happens around 50% of the time.. Not sure if it has to do with the wind or what is going on.

I finally got time to take it into the local Ford dealer yesterday morning. They had it all day yesterday, and all day today. They called me around 4pm and said that it's possibly coming from the engine cover under the car, or from a flap in the wheel well area, but "there's nothing (they) can do to fix it".

I'm first off completely upset that they kept my car overnight and didn't get me a rental. I understand that this isn't a drivability or safety issue, but aren't you suppose to get one if they are keeping the car overnight?

And then, why won't the dealer fix it? They've acknowledged the problem, but won't do anything about it?? The nearest dealer is about a hour drive away, and I can't get the car to the dealer if they're not going to give me a rental to drive home and to get to work. Any ideas on what to do?
HI JRD761,

I can check into some additional assistance. Please send me a private message with your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts