Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sooo Fresh
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i have a rattling problem. when i drive at city speeds 0-45 i hear a hard rattle/knocking sound from the right rear and i also hear a little rattle from the front right. the car has 68K on it with steeda springs and kyb GR2's on it that have been on the car for 20K. please help me on finding this problem i dont want to go to the stealership and get jacked up.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Try doing this. Turn the tires all the way to the right and grab the front right tire and see if you can move it and if you can listen and look if anything like the tie rod is loose.

·
Sooo Fresh
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ya i was thinking it was tie rod but im also thinking for the front the stabalizer bar link could be bad also. do u think the ball joint could be bad if it only makes knocking when i go over bumps

·
Sooo Fresh
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what would u make with the rattle in the rear its really loud like something is going to break when i turn right on a ruff road.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
It could be. You should put the car up on a good lift and just start looking around and tugging at some things. I'm not to sure what could be wrong with the rear.. Possibly a bad bushing?

·
Sooo Fresh
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ill do that next time im at work. but what bushing would u think it could be like the sway bar or something. i just thought about this what if its a bad LCA?!?!

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Is it kind of a clicking/thump noise in the back?
If so, you may have overtightened the top shock nut.
Here's some great info about that:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157728&highlight=clunk+rear

For the noise in the front, check your sway bar endlinks.
The stock ones tend to go bad after so many miles.
The stock ones are cheaply made and is quite small and frail.
If they are your problem, I'd highly recommend getting Moog endlinks to replace them.
They are much thicker and stronger, and much better made.
You can get them from Mike at Hillbish ford (one of our vendors on this site).
Hope you figure it all out.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
I doubt it's a LCA because i have two bad ones on my car now from when i had my suspension put in my car. But you might as well check it anyway, along with other things.

·
Sooo Fresh
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill check that rear thing in the day light thanks loudfocus. i already bought new links for the front moog of course. but thanks and im going to look over still everything b4 i call it done. ill keep you guys posted. but you have 2 bent lca's insane? U are insane u should get those fixed man

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
There not bent. the bushings were eatin a bit when i tried to get the bolts out and i welded the nut to the bolt to make sure nothing came off. I'm going to be picking up my new LCA today and have them put on next friday. It was a pretty expensive thing to do. It's going to run me around 365 when its all done..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts