Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as the title states, i hear a rattely noise when pulling away from a stop sign or doing city driving, between 1500 rpm and 1900 rpm, 2000 rpm and above the rattle goes away ... any of you svtf guys experienced such a thing ???

thanks in advance

Rob

·
Registered
504 Posts
i try not to drive in such a low range, but no i dont experience that but i used to in my zx3... maybe because of your tune?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found the thread for this issue, sorry for starting a similar one

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Well...it can be any number of heat shields...the cat heat shield, the header heat shield and the cat bracket are all very prone to breaking...i've had 2 out of those 3 happen to me already and i got both fixed.

The cat heat shield i just completely took off, and the cat bracket was fixed under warranty...the header heat shield is still going pretty strong but chances are it's only a matter of time...

·
Registered
347 Posts
like stated by other people, check all shields, the one over the power steering rack on mine was loose, along with the manifold shield. after i removed them both, i wrapped my headers for heat protection and there are no more rattles for me.

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
I garuntee that it is the cat bracket. The same thing happened to me with the same RPM range. I took it off..problem solved...no rattling or any problem since.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I guarantee that it is the cat bracket. The same thing happened to me with the same RPM range. I took it off..problem solved...no rattling or any problem since.
I completely agree. Same thing happened to me and I took it off. No more rattle :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Well...it can be any number of heat shields...the cat heat shield, the header heat shield and the cat bracket are all very prone to breaking...i've had 2 out of those 3 happen to me already and i got both fixed.

The cat heat shield i just completely took off, and the cat bracket was fixed under warranty...the header heat shield is still going pretty strong but chances are it's only a matter of time...
I've had ALL of the above
ANY will cause the rattle you are hearing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts