Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I've been trying to track down some parts and it has been like pulling teeth for a vehicle that's not that old.

2007 sedan with Exterior Appearance Pack

Looking for the mounting brackets for the rear diffuser.

1) 6S4Z-17787-A, RH - This one is available but is difficult to find.

2) 6S4Z-17788-A, LH - This one has been all but impossible to find, given that it has been discontinued by Ford but I still have some hope that there's a few floating around out there.

Appreciate any leads at all. Also, must be able to ship to Canada.

Thanks,

Mike

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,048 Posts
Makes me want to make brackets out of the ones that I have. Though it really wouldn't be that hard to fab something up for it.

I had a hard time looking up even the part number for them and no one had it that I found. Thin painted sheet metal should work I would think.

Sent from the top of a tree.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd make the brackets if I knew how, any write-ups out there? I still have the old broken ones too if that helps. Those were riveted into the frame, that's about all i know.
fordparts.com has every part ever made for any Ford and they only serve the USA. They even tell you when the part is no longer manufactured. What gets me is why do they manufacture the right side but not the left one anymore.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,048 Posts
Popularity demand. Like mirrors. Passenger side is more expensive then the driver side because its replaced more often.

Doubt any write ups. After focus fest I can fab some up at work.

Sent from the top of a tree.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I unfortunately don't have access to a metal shop to do something like that. I think I'll try out some of the local body shops, they can probably fab up something to make it work. I'd just leave it off altogether but I saved up for the actual diffuser for a while only to find out it didn't come with brackets and now they're not possible to get.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
I had to buy the pieces separately when I bought just the rear bumper yrs ago vs getting the sap kit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up bidding on a salvage 2007 ST and got it for almost nothing. $75 plus tow charge and these brackets are in pristine shape. Got lucky.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts