Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Made this a new thread, as it was posted twice in 4.5 & 8 yr. old threads.

We can't guess for sure what your problem is from the post, even if someone reads through the old threads.

IF it's just one side, the important part of changing bulbs is to check for the correct ones - and maybe even look at the other side for comparison.

Did this start after a bulb change? Did it happen with NO changes? Any other bulbs lighting or changing brightness along with the winker?

Need some info. to point you in a direction that might help.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
Ahh dang, once the blinker fluid gets that low you have to special order orange fluid...there is a separate reservoir for each side.

^Sorry I had to haha

Where is it at? Front or back?

Drive a sedan or a hatch, could need to crimp some wires back together in the hatch harness.

Did you switch to LED lights? Or what bulbs did you put in there?

And answer Sailor's questions[welcome]

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Also you can turn the bulb around 180 degrees and see if that fixes it.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Here's the ultimate question: have you walked around your car yet to see if all your signals are functioning? If ones not functioning, that's your issue and where you need to start working.

·
So mote be it
8,958 Posts
Here's the ultimate question: have you walked around your car yet to see if all your signals are functioning? If ones not functioning, that's your issue and where you need to start working.
yes, front, side marker and rear. One out will cause the short and hyper blinking to happen. I would check all bulbs are in their places and wire harness leading up to them are connected firmly

·
Registered
17,322 Posts
Check the bulb contacts inside socket, they commonly heat up to relax, open up and no contact. I commonly rebend them slightly closer to make bulb contact again and instant no-cost fix.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Dahmn you guys and your sensical advice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts