Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here's my story. I saw on Tom Holzer's website that they have a 2005 VW Jetta (click here to see it) and so I drove it and it was okay. They were going to give me a great trade in on my car, almost all that I owe, but wouldn't budge on the price.

So the salesman keep on trying to push the sale. I went back online and saw another one and told the sales dude about it via email. Just as a side note, we have been emailing this whole time. So no response. I think he blew me off!!! lol Anyway, they are the same car, same color and the cheeper one has less miles!!! Only difference is the one at Tom Holzer has tint. Last time I checked, tint doesn't cost $2000. I thought Ford needed money, wouldn't they want to work with me. I guess I don't know how much they paid for the car, but common.

So tonight I'm going to the other dealership. If it doesn't work I won't be sad, the 05 Jetta is kind of small (I know, they changed it in 06-I just don't like the look of the 06+)

And there is my rant...oh pictures of the car:

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Thats just purchasing a car, no need to rant lol

They wanted 18K for my SVT back in 06 one dealer wanted 20K. i eventually got the one I have now down from 16K to 13K.

Good luck with car salesmen, and I hope you run a carfax on everything

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For sure, it's a VW dealer so it certified. Good times! lol

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boo on you trading in your car! You effer!
Sorry, it's not a done deal yet. They have to do some convincing for sure! And I put my car up for sale...no one wants it...[B)]

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
good luck...i thought you were looking at wheels...man...you need to make up your mind lol

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
Sorry, it's not a done deal yet. They have to do some convincing for sure! And I put my car up for sale...no one wants it...[B)]
I second the booness on a new car but at least it's still a cool car!
Don't feel bad nobody wants my car either LOL

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
I third the booness didn't you just get that nice hood too??

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I third the booness didn't you just get that nice hood too??
Yes I just got the new hood and yes I just wanted to get the rims, but this car is like complete on it's own. I mean the turbo needs to be a bit bigger but it looks awesome by it self...I still need to add a front lip to my car and rims and finally do that drop...ahhh it's like the car payment would be about the same if not just $25 more a month...I guess I could wait a few months and be able to afford all that stuff but I don't know...lol

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
plus just getting a arp chip for the jetta would put you at 220hp!
How can you beat that?

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow...how much does that run.

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
My roommate at school has that same jetta gli. car is sick

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Just my 2 cents....most likely Tom Holzer "over allowed" on your trade, and are simply showing you a higher figure than what the car's actual cash value is. They're taking this over-allowance out of their gross profit on the used Jetta and probably have no where else to move on the car. Put themselves into a trick bag of sorts, but always remember these two things:

1. A car you are looking at buying is worth only the amount you are willing to write a check for, whether it's from a dealer or private party.

2. Your car is worth only the amount a dealer (or private party) is willing to write a check for.

As for CarFax...in 9+ years of selling cars I have seen countless "clean" CarFax's on cars which have had obvious damage. A dealer I used to work with was burnt to the tune of 4K on a used car we bought at auction because of this. There isn't any inspection that could have been done to tell otherwise. Took our customer getting into a rear-end collision for us to discover there was previous and severe damage to the vehicle. We bought it back from him and lost 4K on the car at auction, because we now had to disclose the damage.

If the previous owner didn't report the accident, there's not going to be any notice on your CarFax. If the insurance company or law enforcement agency didn't report an accident, the same result. CarFax's aren't totally worthless, but nothing replaces paying a GOOD 3rd party technician to perform a used car inspection. If a dealer or private party doesn't like that, then I'd run away.

·
Registered
786 Posts
thats a gli wolfsburg. fantastic car. I almost bought one before the focus. can't beat a chipped 1.8T. Good stuff.

·
Registered
539 Posts
chipped 1.8t's are that shit. i have one :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts