Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You don't try and be a nice guy and let your wife drive your SVT so she can save some gas money

I'm not going to tell her how pissed off I am but I'll probably not tell her about the $150 I'll be withdrawing to replace that wheel either. Damn I'm smokin' pissed off! [:(!]

·
Registered
800 Posts
When I get a chance, I'll take pictures of my right rocker panel.

Ya know.. the one my current girlfriend used to try and ramp the gas pump barrier.

The ENTIRE passenger side rocker and the bottom portion of the right passenger side doors.

Could've been a lot worse.. I have to buy a body kit to make my car even look remotely presentable now. :)

*cs19.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
CaptainStock19 said:
When I get a chance, I'll take pictures of my right rocker panel.

Ya know.. the one my current girlfriend used to try and ramp the gas pump barrier.

The ENTIRE passenger side rocker and the bottom portion of the right passenger side doors.

Could've been a lot worse.. I have to buy a body kit to make my car even look remotely presentable now. :)

*cs19.
Did we have the same girlfriend? My ex did the SAME thing...and didn't tell me about it until I washed the car and noticed the "new yellow paintjob"

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
ouch that sucks man....i got one of those going through a drive through that the window was on the passenger side. Didnt see a small piece of sidewalk sticking out and next thing i know i end up with one of those. Not as bad as yours but still pissed me off something fierce.

·
Registered
542 Posts
What kind of rims are those?

Anyway, that sucks man....it's too bad she didn't just tell you about it either..

·
Registered
800 Posts
GregsWhiteFocus said:
Did we have the same girlfriend? My ex did the SAME thing...and didn't tell me about it until I washed the car and noticed the "new yellow paintjob"

I wish she would've just changed my paint job.. She didn't just bump it, she rode the damned thing. Crushed it... and me.

*cs19.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I hate letting my with drive mine but its the only car we have she hits every pothole, she tailgates so now my hood is all chipped, she grandma shifts, man its a sad world we live in when we have to share cars.[mecry] [bawling] [thumbd] [ohcrap] [hatchet] [scream] [target] [chair] [mad] [?|] [paranoid] [bash] [bigcry]

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GONRACIN said:
What kind of rims are those?

Anyway, that sucks man....it's too bad she didn't just tell you about it either..
Those are stock SVT Euro wheels. I'm just upset becuase I try and do something cool and get the shaft for doing it and from someone that is supposed to be looking out for you.

I think tonight I'm going to go out and waste her rear tires doing burnouts [}:)]

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Then she will have to drive your car!

I get freakin nervous every time my wife drives too. I don't know how many time's I wish there WAS a clutch/brake for the passenger side. She pulls out of a driveway half way when cars are coming and at the same time she looks both ways, then she goes a little further and waits, and then goes! Makes me sooooooooooo nervous. I yelled "GO" at her yesturday. Boy did she go go go....lol.

But one thing I'm glad I did tell her. I told her straight up I didn't want her driving my car.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
A former female friend of mine opened my door next to a curb one night, and it scraped across the curb a good 6 inches, then, instead of getting out of the car to take the weight off, she pulled it right back across.

[?|]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
first off... i'm glad i'm single [8D][:D]
anyways that really sucks though about your rim. at least she didn't hit a curb and take out both tires/wheels(like my sister did to her taurus) lol, then you woulda had to tow it.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, it is just a wheel and easy to fix. I think the idea of someone just abusing a ride that I labor over is the real downer. I came home from Korea and found 4 door dings, small ones mind you...signs of where my front lip had met the pavement entirely too often, and a dent in my header. These things add up. Really right now I'm torn between trying to be cool and just saying to her that from now on she needs to drive her truck regardless of the cost for fuel. Yeah in the end it's just a Focus and I realize that but at the same time with all the heart that I put into it with semi-monthly waxing by hand and everything else it's just really insulting to have someone else piss it all away.

And damn Alex, I would have lost my composure over that door thing.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
LastRites said:
I'll probably not tell her about the $150 I'll be withdrawing to replace that wheel either.
Hold up.....

Contact Steve (FORDSVTPARTS) they have the Dark Argent SVT Euro wheels for $99 a piece.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's sweet...thanks for the tip!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I honestly dont have to worry about that, no one drives mine without me in the car and she doesnt drive it at all. hehe. Sorry to hear that about your rim though.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No sweat man, I've calmed down a bit since sleeping over it. If you look at the picture you'll notice that the rim protector strip on the tire was sheered off [:0]

I had another idea here too now, was thinking that I always wanted black euro wheels and after some sanding this might not look too bad after painting. Really not much to loose now haha.

I drove around some last night and the alignment feels ok. Going to do a visual check today because from the looks of it that contact was made at speed. You guys that don't have to let anyone else drive your rides....I'm envious of you! I thought buying her a $32K truckwould be enough to keep her from wanting to drive my car, lol....didn't work

1 - 20 of 49 Posts