Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I moved about three hours from the city to work in the oilfield and go to school. Then the SVT has a surging problem when the clutch is pressed in. It wanted to redline every time. So I made it to work and had my brother take it to the dealership after they opened. They said they would take care of it and let me know what the problem was. Called that afternoon and asked how it was going. The response was "Not a big problem and the clutch is fine", oh yeah had smoke coming from under the car after having to wait for the stoplight while I was controlling the revs. Next day I was told the the same thing as the day before. When I asked about the SVT rental, no one knew what the hell SVT stood for. "Is that an aftermarket warranty sir?" I said no please go out to the car and get the supplement with manual. Then I was told "We can't work on your vehicle because we are not SVT Certified." So that also means you can't have a rental. What the hell, haven't had this problem anywhere else.[???:)]
I called the next day and talked to the warranty guy who said the same thing. I said I hadn't had the problem anywhere else. He said he would make some calls. Calls me back and says they have a SVT Certified Tech and that they can fix the car, but "you can't have an SVT Rental because we don't have any SVT Vehicles on the lot."[?|] I explained I just need a regular rental, so I got their dirty loaner.[xx(] That was Friday, the car had been there since Wednesday in the same location in front of the dealership. Closed Saturday, no word on Monday. Stop in on my day off on Tuesday to find out what is going with the car. I am told that it will be in the shop by no later than Thursday. I ask about seeing the clutch when it is in the shop and I am told that everything still needs to be diagnosed still. I ask if the car has even been started yet and I am told no it hasn't.[?|] These people had been lying to me about working on my car since the previous Wed. Went to work on Thursday evening and looked in dealership and saw that my car was still in the same damn place as when I had dropped it off, I think on Friday I'm going to raise some hell at the dealership. I already sent a long email to Ford last night.

·
Registered
511 Posts
So they haven't even told you what's wrong yet???? You have all the right to go on and raise hell. It's unbelieveable how some dealers treat customers.

I hear so many delearship horror stories that I don't know where I would take my car if something major screws up. So far I have been very paranoid about letting anyone touch my car. I will continue to do the routine stuff myself, but I don't have the tools or know-how to do any major work. Anyone know any reliable delearships in South Florida???????

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called them today and they said that they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo busy. To many cars to work on, basically they just don't care about anyone except the oilfield business out here.

·
Registered
864 Posts
what losers. i hate ford dealerships in general. i havent yet found a good one

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it has been 10+ days and the dealership finally pulled the car in to work on it. Hopefully it will be done by thursday afternoon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the dealership finally called and said the car was done, that they had replaced the IACV because it was stuck open. I don't think that they touched the clutch though, probably have to leave it longer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem is still there. The dealership did not fix it, freakin' retards. This is what happens, if you have had this happen let me know how to fix it. I have cruise control on and will go up a hill, it will turn off once it goes down about ten mph. I then go to shift down and the engine revs to the redline. So then I have to play with the cruise control until the problem goes away.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I am going to rant again about this dealership. I had a CEL come on. Called and made an appointment for the next Tuesday. Clutch went out that weekend. Had the car towed to the dealership on Monday. Called them on Tuesday and found out they hadn't even looked at it yet again. Told them the clutch had went out, response from service person, "Oh, we just thought you didn't want to drive it in." Yes he is a retard. The CEL was nothing. It took them a week until the next Tuesday to get the car on the lift. They took it apart. They told me that everything was fried and needed to be replaced, and THAT IT SHOULD BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.

On Wednesday I called to check up, they were having problems finding the right part # for the flywheel. So I took down the TSB to them. They ordered the part and were going to put it back together but then they told me when I called in on Friday that my ESP warranty was not going to cover it. WELL DUH YOU FRIGGIN MORONS!!!! I asked why were they using my ESP warranty, I am still within the 3y/36k warranty. Well because we can't cover it with the bumper to bumper. Great I said, give me a quote. $1254 parts and labor. Let me think about it, well if you decide not to do it it will be $500 to get it off the lift for towing and labor. Well shit, now what do I do??? Told them to get it done. I think I'm going to call Ford and tell them how badly this dealership treats SVTF drivers. Because I know they aren't giving everyone this kind of crap.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Wow that is just horrible dude!! Is there not another dealership for miles or what? I total sympathize for ya cause I know how it is when you get jerked around with someone trying to fix your car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts