Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my dad just purchased a 2002 Ford Ranger 4x4. I know he loves hids and I was wondering if you could do a retrofit for that and how much you would charge?

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I believe he's talking about retro fitting a set of projector HID's. The proper way of using HID's instead of just bulbs and ballasts.

The only problem I would forsee if the space behind the headlight. Those projectors are pretty deep.

I would look up a set of projectors for an Audi or something and take their measurements too see how far back they'd go.

For instance: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACUR...m14QQhashZitem290267389419QQitemZ290267389419

These state they're 6" deep. But I assume that's from front to back, so maybe it won't stick out all that far since some of the projector will sit inside the housing.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
PM me and let me know what your budget is, and i can provide you with some quotes.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
PM me and let me know what your budget is, and i can provide you with some quotes.
ah there we go [:)]

see everyone could stop posting dots now...... I know we're speechless, but look, he got an offer! [rofl] mm post some pics though, if and when you get them in and on the truck [thumb]

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
I didn't post dots? And neither did anyone else. There were responses there yesterday. Whats going on? I believe you told him to talk with Snack and I agreed.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
---------------------------------------------------
Edited by focusin this time.

Your in his forum and he has the full right to keep HIS business in his hands, Snack is NOT a forum sponsor and its against forum rules for a non-sponsor to offer services for a price.

You have an issue with this take it up with Tom or any other mod, anyone else should do the same.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Gay. That's bull. Well I am unsubscribing from this thread, apparently my help isn't wanted.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I didn't post dots? And neither did anyone else. There were responses there yesterday. Whats going on? I believe you told him to talk with Snack and I agreed.
yeah I know, none of us posted dots...... I just think we weren't following the thread and someone just got rid of it so it would get back to the point...... though I don't know why my last one was erased, I simply said ask snack cause he knows more than I do. eh I don't care though, big deal.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts

Your in his forum and he has the full right to keep HIS business in his hands, Snack is NOT a forum sponsor and its against forum rules for a non-sponsor to offer services for a price.

You have an issue with this take it up with Tom or any other mod, anyone else should do the same.
oh wow my mistake...... I didn't realize it was a vendor discussion thread, and thus makes sense why he can't be referred to. apologies for making such a huge mess here.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts

Wow just wow. So I guess me telling him to talk to Snack was promoting non-sponsored services? He was asking for help and I pointed him in the right direction. If this is the case, then why have a forum to post questions to? I guess we should all just pm mods with all our questions.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Dont get butt hurt dude, just say OK and move on...

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Wow just wow. So I guess me telling him to talk to Snack was promoting non-sponsored services? He was asking for help and I pointed him in the right direction. If this is the case, then why have a forum to post questions to? I guess we should all just pm mods with all our questions.

He was wanting a price quote for WORK TO BE DONE, not asking for help on how to do it. Also he posted this in a sponsored forum, not in Exterior and lighting chat. If those two cases where him wanting to do it himself/needing tips and posted in the Exterior lighting forum you would be right but its not and your wrong.

Go ahead if you want to waste more peoples' time PM who you want but your gonna get the same answers.

Jon

1 - 20 of 32 Posts