Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
^^^^^ +1 only delete if your having issues with the sensor as the sensor has tripled in price. and you dont want to pay the price for new one

·
Registered
17,467 Posts
The VCT adds power, obviously, you would lose that.

·
Registered
17,467 Posts
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45532

post #1
'With what i have seen installing a VCT Elim there was a 5 to 6 HP/TQ loss at 1000 2,3.4.5.6.7000 Rpms..............

Old post I realize, but at that time you DID say there was a loss of power..............you no longer believe that? I realize also that just WHERE one puts the now locked cam timing with no VCT would have plenty to do with any possible outcome and thusly any comparison there. You make no mention of timing numbers and DOHC cams can be splayed to add to BOTH ends of the spectrum.

If the VCT has no power effect through timing changes then how can dyno tuned degreed-to-perfection cams increase power???

The crux of the matter, if truly no power gained then lock the cam timing at EGR best effect and see what happens, Ford could save millions. It doesn't take a whole lot of thought there to figure out why they haven't done it.

I disagree with the statement of no power added. The mere fact of VCT switching the timing says there is. No need to switch timings back and forth if that is true.

a priori

·
FF Affiliate
31,171 Posts
A tune and more playing with the adj cam gears on the dyno showed no loss over all when all the testing was done and why its a must to dyno tune cam gears

Just like the ZX2 the SVT VCT is there for emissions not performance

When you install adj cam gears there is no pins in the cams so 90% of the time your going to have them off a little and a adj cam off a little can be a hugh loss of HP and TQ and why you have to dyno tune adj cam gears

Tom

·
Registered
17,467 Posts
Not arguing that at all, why I threw this in there............

'DOHC cams can be splayed to add to BOTH ends of the spectrum.'

You doing what you do and knowing pretty much the trick numbers I could easily see the '5 or 6' being made up to be even or even more. My statement was more of an either-or without the custom dyno tuning in there.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts