Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 818 Posts

·
Left Lane Warrior
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this thread definitely needs to exist. If anything, for me. I'm a junky, and I always have some kind of news to share.

This thread can be used for anything gaming. Got a new controller today? Share. Got a RROD or YLOD? Share. Got a specific moment in a game you just have to share (no spoilers)? Share. Got a strange sensation when you pee? Doctor, now.

·
Left Lane Warrior
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that that's done.

I sold my Motorola Photon today and used some of the money to buy a set of Sony's own wireless surround headphones for the PS3. They just rock. They're huge, though.

Sound-wise, though, pure awesome. I've already tested them with a game (COD: Black Ops), a Bluray and tons of music.

Best part, I can walk around my apartment and still listen. Go grab a beer, inevitably go take a piss. Music the whole time.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,212 Posts
im seriously laughing my ass of right now!!!!

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,212 Posts
lol yes... still mad eme laugh my ass off.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Last week I picked up a Steel Series Sensei mouse. I messed with the acceleration settings and now I can move slowly and it's fine, but if I have to whip around/180 I can flick the mouse and do it. It was something that took some tinkering, but now i have it setup to my liking.

Also picked up a pair of Steel Series 7H USB headphones. They're pretty damn nice. Sound in games is amazing. Music is also good, but these were made to be best in game. They also do a great job cancelling background noise. I didn't use the included usb "sound card", I found the sound was odd when played through the usb attachment.

Damnit, why'd you make this thread! ;) Just kidding.....

I picked up a new video card.... a GTX570....I absolutely love this video card....nuff said.

And, last but not least, grabbed a new case. I bought the CoolerMaster HAF 922. I like my gear running cool. And with it, lol, I bought a CoolerMaster TPC 812 CPU cooler, what a beast! My pc now runs at about 2 degrees (celcius) above ambient :) I have my fx4100 cpu oc'ed to 4.5 Ghz, stable, even under load.

Next is a new PSU and SSD drive, soon to come.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I had some extra money kicking around. I would have spent more on the car, but a few eeks ago I broke my ankle, pulled tendons in it and sprained it severely.... and it was my right foot :( Good thing I have an auto trans, for once I was glad.

Word to the wise.... 5 shots of marshmallow and whipped cream vodka don't mix well with about 10 beer. I tried to jump over a fire pit, lol. The jump went great! .... but the landing.... not so great.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I just wanted to post that my girlfriend's 3 brothers came over and we were playing FIFA. We decided to do a double elim tourney with everybody. Her youngest brother who is 10 beat all of us. It was pretty embarrassing because we were all trying lol. Now do I suck that bad or are kids getting that good at video games?

·
Left Lane Warrior
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're getting that good. They have a lot more time on their hands than we do. A big chunk of the super-awesome Call of Duty players are kids/teens.

·
Left Lane Warrior
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had some extra money kicking around. I would have spent more on the car, but a few eeks ago I broke my ankle, pulled tendons in it and sprained it severely.... and it was my right foot :( Good thing I have an auto trans, for once I was glad.

Word to the wise.... 5 shots of marshmallow and whipped cream vodka don't mix well with about 10 beer. I tried to jump over a fire pit, lol. The jump went great! .... but the landing.... not so great.
Yeah, the sudden stop is what gets people.

Nice upgrades on your rig. I got a couple things for my consoles...

This is for the PS3, been eyeing it for a while but it was $70... got it on sale for $20 at Best Buy...

Also got some Tritton true 5.1 gaming headphones. 3 speakers and a subwoofer in each ear. Just wish they were wireless. They work on consoles and PC, I dig 'em.

·
Left Lane Warrior
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree. It's no PC replacement, but its definitely a nice accessory to have. I started out a PC gamer, and have always had trouble being accurate with thumbsticks. Especially when I have to do it quickly.

·
Left Lane Warrior
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ended up cashing in my Reward Zone points at Best Buy and getting my first 3D TV. I got it pretty cheap thanks to the RZ points. I was actually looking for a monitor to replace my old CRT, ended up in the game section and got this.

·
Left Lane Warrior
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I knocked some of the dust off of my Skyrim (PS3) last night. I'm still waiting for Dawnguard to be released for PS3/PC.
Your post actually got me looking for a release date for PS3, the whole vampire thing in Dawnguard had me interested.

But...

Playstation Lifestyle said:
While I’m sure most of the gaming public has thought it was safe to assume that Skyrim’s Dawnguard DLC would eventually come to the PS3, it doesn’t look like that is necessarily the case, as Bethesda has emphasized the fact that they never said it would be coming to any other platform beyond the Xbox 360.

As such, we’ll have to wait for further confirmation from the developer to find out when (or even if) it will be made available to the PlayStation crowd. Pete Hines, the VP of PR and marketing at Bethesda explained the situation on Twitter, saying, “We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news. If we have news, I promise I’d tell you.”
I have a 360 too, but it's just a shelf-filler. PS3 all the way.

·
Left Lane Warrior
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Son of a mother, I bought the Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition on Steam for $22 last night... woke up this morning and it's on sale for $10.

1 - 20 of 818 Posts