Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a Random Tech cat, and a Bosal flex over the weekend. It really helped performance! I can feel a good bit more power. I also think that it solved another strange problem that the car had. Before, when driving around town maintaining a steady rpm, it would jerk every now and then. Now it's a lot smoother. I don't know how the cat helped this, but I'm glad it did.

The only problem is that the cat came with some crappy gaskets, and now I've got an exhaust leak between stock manifold and cat. I decided it was time for a header anyway, so I'm gonna order it tomorrow. I'm getting FR street header from McNews. It should come with some damn good gaskets!
My g/f keeps telling me that the car's not loud enough yet! [:0] The new header should make her[:D]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
nice, the header won't make much of a difference though....sound wise.

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm already happy with the sound. I just hate the annoying exhaust leak! Will it make a noticeable diff. in power? Power is the only thing I want!
P.S. Any tips, or things I should know b4 I install the header?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
well..before u install...make sure you have small hands and arms...and that you have a nice selection of extenstions for your sockets.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Best Hi-flow cat for the focus. I think the only other one out there is the Focus-Central one. The random tech will cost like around $300

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kicknzx3 said:
well..before u install...make sure you have small hands and arms...and that you have a nice selection of extenstions for your sockets.

I don't have small hands, or arms. I guess I'll have to get a little kid to help me[:D] . I have all the tools I need.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yes, it did make a difference. It's noticable, for me anyway.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
What? I'm just answering the question. Lil_RedZX3 and I share the same car.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It was a joke cause i was the last one on most of the posts and i was laughing then i was lookign at teh amin page again and saw you covered mine up i thought it was funny.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
pitchblackab said:
Are you trying to get your name on all the forums as last posted your almost there .
I hope this was a joke - or else you do not see the humorous hypocrisy in this statement.

As for Random Tech. converters, I've never heard anything bad about them. The Random Tech. cat for the MR2 is generally quite popular in that community.

Edit: I stand corrected. You DO see the hypocrisy in that statement.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Okay svt4me your down like a clown man you understood the joke thank god someone understands my wierd @$$ posts

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Down like a clown hmmm......just j/k

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
[:D] I don't know what that means, but okay. I just thought it was funny that there's only a few of us on right now and each keeps "overposting" the other's posts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts