Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i need a picture of a RT cat with the svt heazder swap, i need it with for my install... gota see where it is exactly located... and if you can crawl under the car, se how much room is there from the top of the cat to the oil pan, if its directly under the oil pan.

·
Registered
921 Posts
It's right under the pan. The top of the tubing is 3/4 inch or so below the pan. The front sensor will plug in front of the pan, and the rear sensor will be right behind the bell housing.

·
Registered
921 Posts
If you wanna pm me your number I can take a pic with my phone and send it. I am cameraless. If you're that desperate for a pic.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shit, mine (magnaflow ) sits under the pan, thats okay with me, But the distance between the pan and hte cat isn't even a 1/4 inch.... its really tight... should i sitll be okay with it?

·
Registered
921 Posts
That is pretty tight. As long as the exhaust is bolted up correctly and does not actually hit the pan, you should be ok. From flexpipe forward, the exhaust really doesn't move at all. Get some VF motor mounts and NOTHING will move! :)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinkin....(more work) remove the flange peice AGAIN, and make sure it get sput on with an angle down?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Which piece are you talking about? If I'm right about what you're trying to do, it's not gonna matter because they are all fixed pieces, and the pitch of the header is subject to the pitch of the motor once it's torqued to the head.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im thinking about the cat flange, not hte header flange, if i take it off the cat, and then re-weld it so it faces down a bit? shit, its still won't work!!!!

-----

new idea... put the bitch on, monitor the oil's heat and if its too hot, get a oil cooler kit? 9-rows or 15-rows, thats my next bet...

----- OR-----

sell this magnaflow cat off for 90, and just buy a RT....grrrrr

·
Registered
921 Posts
I see. That's a pain in the ass and will void any warranty Magnaflow puts on it. I was a lilttle concerned myself when I got mine on that in the summer with traffic and autocross that I might start to cook the oil, but all good. As long as there's no physical contact between the two parts and your oil doesn't start to bake, you'll be fine. Or, of course, you could get the RT part. I've got no complaints about the RT cat. Is the Magnaflow almos identical in dimensions to the RT?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this was 11 inch long, i think... or 9 inches... 2.5 open and ended, and a spun body... with metalic core...

ima see if i can alter the cat and flange before the oil coooler....
but this is plan for the weekend, for now ill be driving the 325i

·
Registered
122 Posts
toeycrack are you just putting an svt header on your zetec? i was thinking about doing that but if its alot of work i might as well go with a ford racing shorty header or something.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The best header for the Zetec is the SVT. Anything else and you are really wasting your time. It comes in a kit from Ford Racing with an EGR bung welded into the header, the SVT dipstick, and an EGR tube that'll fit. It's up to you to get a high flow cat or straight pipe, and then finish it off with a flexpipe and a catback.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Im also going to be trading my ORP for a RT cat tomorrow. ill take some pictures for ya.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oo your Trading it? i was thinking of gettin a ORP and welding the cat on the back side of the flex...

·
Registered
122 Posts
toeycrack sorry about bugging into your thread but i have one more question so if i replace my exhaust header with the svt do i have to get a new flex pipe and sutff? cause right now i have a cat back magnaflow system and if i put a svt header in. what would all have to be replaced to make it work?

·
Registered
921 Posts
No, flexpipe and catback will work. You will need a new cat or straight pipe to meet up with the flexpipe.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts