Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Great shot. Still one of my favorite cars on this site after all these years.

It's still begging for some black headlight bezels (as is mine), but at least you've done the whiskers and fog lights and wheels. (Maybe some day I'll catch up.) Cruising around in that Lexus has not dulled your enthusiasm, I hope.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Lol,actually enjoy the Focus around town and in the corners and is simply more fun to drive but the Lexus is nice when the drive is boring or sitting in traffic.

Thanks for the compliments since I think a simple approach has worked for my car but yes,black headlamps and a proper exhaust would be the last touches I really need. It's been a solid 2nd car with great city MPGs and practicality but still being sporty enough.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very line up right there, sir. Can’t go wrong with an Explorer Sport & Black RS. How does that RS drive, do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOVE it!

Wife drives the Explorer, I drive the RS, and son drives my old 08 Focus coupe, the old truck is my farm truck, an ‘88 F150 4x4

·
Registered
838 Posts
LOVE it!

Wife drives the Explorer, I drive the RS, and son drives my old 08 Focus coupe, the old truck is my farm truck, an ‘88 F150 4x4

Man, the RS looks amazing in black with the black wheels, it’s just a lot of work to keep clean! I think I want to buy one but it’s not a very easy car to find, so I’ll have to be patient & wait for the right one to pop up locally to me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Agree. There's one at work and it always looks spotless. I stare at it every morning.

Mine is not spotless right now, and it has the winter wheel/tire set on it now, but I love it!!! I was looking at a FoST, but the dealership had this 17 RS, and made me a extremely good trade for my fusion that I couldn’t pass up.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Mine is not spotless right now, and it has the winter wheel/tire set on it now, but I love it!!! I was looking at a FoST, but the dealership had this 17 RS, and made me a extremely good trade for my fusion that I couldn’t pass up.

If you don’t mind me asking, are the winter setups on the RS the 235/40R18 wheels & tires like on the ST?

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you don’t mind me asking, are the winter setups on the RS the 235/40R18 wheels & tires like on the ST?

Nope, they are.

18”x7.5” -50mm Sparkle Silver wheels with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 winter 225/40R18 tires

My summers are the

19”x8” -50mm Premium Painted Forged Alloy Wheels and Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 2 Summer Track 235/35x19 Tires

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nope, they are.

18”x7.5” -50mm Sparkle Silver wheels with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 winter 225/40R18 tires

My summers are the

19”x8” -50mm Premium Painted Forged Alloy Wheels and Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 2 Summer Track 235/35x19 Tires

Would my 18” wheels & 235/40R18 combo fit onto an RS without any issues? My plan is to keep these wheels & sell my car with a set of stock 17s that I can buy off of CL.

IMG_4489.jpg

·
Registered
149 Posts
Would my 18” wheels & 235/40R18 combo fit onto an RS without any issues? My plan is to keep these wheels & sell my car with a set of stock 17s that I can buy off of CL.

View attachment 259325

My 18” fit the Brembo calipers great, my only issue they were tucked inward too much. So, for winter set, I installed some 25mm spacer to bring the wheels out. I run 15mm on the summer set, going swap them back on next oil change in a week, or so.

I am no expert, but I would your 18” will fit just fine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you put 18"s on an RS I believe you'll need 5MM wheel spacers to clear the calipers that's what's needed for the 18" snowflakes from an ST.

25MM seems like way too much of a spacer to me

RS’s winter 18” won’t work with 15mm spacer, the wheels don’t have deep enough pockets to clear the spacers studs/lugnuts. So, that is why I went with 25mm, and they put the wheels out where I think they look best.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts