Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question... one thing that i noticed that has been nagging me...

every so often i'll be driving around and my airbag light comes on out of nowhere. it usually comes on very slowly- its very dim, comes on, flashes and then stays on or turns off. if it happens, it does it multiple times on one drive- so it'll go away, then come back then go away then come back. but it never stays on for long... and this has only happened a few times- last time was about two weeks ago.

i was reminded of this because i just went through the service records that came with my car from the PO and there was one from early august 08 (i bought the car last month) that said the airbag light was ON when it was brought in for service.

any ideas? should i be worried?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
It's probably a connection problem. I've had similar symptoms on other vehicles. The light goes out when a good connection is made. On many cars, there are seat-belt "pre-tensioners" which also can set the air-bag light. A dealer may be able to read the stored code with his own diagnostic tool.

Many times if you simply dis-connect/re-connect the plugs and be certain there is slack in the wiring harness, the problem is fixed. Be certain to disconnect the battery, and wait five minutes, before working on any part of the air-bag system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts