Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little lights on the dash don't normally worry me. My check light (which is now off, thank god) has been on so often lately that it was to the point I almost didn't notice it.

However, hop in the car this morning to go to work and 'BLIP'! Airbag light goes on. Never had this blink at me before and this is one I'd rather not have be a problem. I have an early 2001 so I don't have the seat airbag sensors to worry about. That would mean that the problem should be in either the driver or pass airbag sensors.... but I haven't done anything to either of them lately. In fact, the ONLY thing involving an airbag I've ever done was swapping out my steering wheel for a new model (with the larger Ford emblem on the casing), but that was done nearly 2 years ago.

Did my car JUST figure out that its not the airbag it was born with? lol.

Anywho, just wanted some thoughts on the matter... see if there is anything I can double check; loose connection spots, wiring fault, etc. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
The blinking is typically giving an airbag two-digit code. If you count the blinks you can read the code, e.g., blink - short pause - blink - long pause - blink - short pause - blink short pause - blink - long pause would be a 23 code.

I believe it will repeat this code two or three times and then go to a solid light.

This info is probably out of date, but gives you an idea of what I am talking about:

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...rd&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=21&gl=us&client=firefox-a

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
My airbag light was coming on when every once in a while and it was because the battery was just barely starting the car. You might need to check the battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts