Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And was shocked when while driving,My dashboard was going CRAZY.....
Speedometer jumping all over,Check engine flashing,Gauges turning on and off....
I was waiting for the flux capacitor to kick in during the WOT run.
Otherwise,it was pretty neat!
This is normal,right?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I don't think so...was the bat loose?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so...was the bat loose?
Nope.
I just talked with my friend Matt who does Dynotuning and says it was normal to see this while they tune as well.
Unsure if maybe one of My parameters I selected was responsible.....

·
Registered
716 Posts
Mine never did that either.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Ill tell ya, ide be scared to update the car if you have connection problems.

During an update it has a connection spike and you fudge the update? [ohcrap]

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill tell ya, ide be scared to update the car if you have connection problems.

During an update it has a connection spike and you fudge the update? [ohcrap]
Never had an issue uploading the custom tune from Tom.
Did the custom tune weeks ago.
This seemed like the dash was going through a series of self checks.
Things were intermittently coming on and shutting off while the datalog shows no interruption in data.

Just found a video that shows the exact same thing....

http://youtu.be/arGkSA9l8rw

·
Registered
126 Posts
My car also does this during datalogging. Not quite like that Mustang but while cruising, the speedo and rpm gauges drop to zero for a second or two. I believe its normal and nothing to worry about.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
My best guess would be data volume and priority.
Both the gauge cluster and the OBDII connector share the SCP +/- BUS line. If the transmission rate clips then both should show corrupt data. The only time I can think this may happen is if all the PID priorities are set to the fastest (1 IIRC) and you're logging the max of LiveLink (24 IIRC). That may drive the resistance of the SCP BUS higher than expected.

Flashing the car should not cause any problems though as the data rate will not be as high or near the demand.

Try taking a PID out of the log once and see if anything changes. Or start with 1 PID and work up until you find where the gauges go wonky.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My best guess would be data volume and priority.
Both the gauge cluster and the OBDII connector share the SCP +/- BUS line. If the transmission rate clips then both should show corrupt data. The only time I can think this may happen is if all the PID priorities are set to the fastest (1 IIRC) and you're logging the max of LiveLink (24 IIRC). That may drive the resistance of the SCP BUS higher than expected.

Flashing the car should not cause any problems though as the data rate will not be as high or near the demand.

Try taking a PID out of the log once and see if anything changes. Or start with 1 PID and work up until you find where the gauges go wonky.
I wasn't running the full amount of PID's but did have some extra running.
Glad to see this does happen,I was getting a little worried!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts