Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have any trouble getting their svt up on ramps to change oil or stuff like that. Or does anyone even use ramps?

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
I had to place a few 2x4s up on the ramps a little to gain enough clearance. two levels of two side-by-side on each ramp.

Make sure you place the 2x4s up on the ramps a little to make the incline less steep to avoid rubbing your bumper.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, thanks for the tip. I've been having to borrow some ramps from my papaw because the ones I have are too steep and will rub not only the black piece, but goes all the way to the actual bumper. The way I had been doing it is to place my papaw's lower ramps on a declined area to level the ramps out a bit. Anybody have any ramps that they can use without having to pull any tricks to get the car up there?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The board trick works quite well if you have to use ramps.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Stay steep with the ramp....you need room under our engines....use the board trick to make the initial incline not as harsh...have someone with you cause out bumpers will bend with out noise.

This way they can watch while you pull up and not hear the dreaded pop and snap of your bumper splitting :(

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, thanks for the tips. I always have someone out there with me when changing oil anyway, saftey first.

H

·
0 Posts
Get a set of Rhinoramps. At least on the stock suspension they work fine! I'll be going a little lowered soon, so I might have to only use em on the Track car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts