Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I really like this hood a lot. I was wondering what kind this was & if it'll be able to fit on the 08's?

Also, are there any nice looking hoods for the 08's out there yet?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm gonna bet that hood was cutsome made. I've never seen one for sale like that for our fofo's. (someone correct me if i'm wrong!)

I'd give it somemore time for 08 aftermarket stuff to come out

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
They actually did make them quite a while ago i believe but have since stopped. RARE to find but if you can a damn good one at that. But it will not fit the 08 with out fabrication.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
that is infact a genuine Focus Central hood...company only made it for like 1-2 years....you'll have to custom fab an inlet like that for the '08

·
Fords suck
4,412 Posts
Go to a junkyard, and snag a hood(any hood), and test out how well you can DIY.

There's a how to a guy did on here on a vent he made, don't see why you can't do the same to make a ram air scoop.

·
Registered
666 Posts
custom fab for taht vent shouldn't be that difficult... it has overlaying edges that should mold in with bondo easily. i mean.. if u trust bondo. :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
just get a spare hood... there's tons of DIY's online about making vents/scoops...

should only take about a day or two.

what happened to focus central? i remember in 2001.. or 2002 my friend bought a Mach ZTS and was on that site every day....

·
☼
7,494 Posts
That FC hood is a lot more than just a hole in the hood. The metal before the vent is pushed in so it is not flush with the rest of the hood. Brandnew's hood is just a hole in the hood.

I would assume that doing it the FC hood way would take a lot more work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts