Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got off my lazy butt and put the rear ones in at least.. lol Front ones on another day.

I got the UR+ Plus ones because stupid me didn't realize these were the bigger ones but they seemed to fit fine. Though the regular UR ones might have been easier as they are not as wide.
They're top notch quality flaps I've seen so far and are pretty durable and flexy.

It was fairly easy to line up, my passenger one came out crooked after I jacked up the car and I had to fix it. At least they're straight now. They look crooked in the pics but that's just my negative camber [burnout]
I used stainless self tapping screws with a stainless fender washer and then realized how stupid looking silver screws were in the black and took a can of plasti dip and sprayed it a bit [:)]

Will update with moar pics once the fronts are in

Adding more pics of the rear, didn't get to my fronts today

Oh and Dual exhaust just for kicks.. [:)]

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Looks great, did you do the front?

·
Registered
301 Posts
^^^^^thats what i thought. I don't want snow/slush and stuff to collect and result in ripping the mud flap off.... Ive been looking at the universal rally armor flaps for $16.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
I bought a set of the $16 type, haven't put them on yet.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ill get different pics tomorrow and probably do the other front ones
How would the snow get compacted in any different than before? Its just slightly extended to the bottom
I also noticed things don't like to stick to this weird shiny surface. I tried to use masking tape to align but it didn't want to stick maybe snow wont build up on it

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Added more pics to the top post

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow, looks really good man, I should of kept mine but didn't want to go through the trouble of drilling and cutting them to fit :/

·
Registered
508 Posts
effing killer brotha car is so clean final touch FOASHO

and wait you did the dual exhaust TALK ABOUT BAD @$$

WOOT WOOT from cali.!!!!!

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No dual exhaust... yet... just photoshop [:)]
I might look into the newer Mazda3 dual set ups in the rear to see what I can hook up.

Probably can't get to the fronts until this coming weekend. I have to do my fog light first since that involves taking off the wheel well liner

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
No dual exhaust... yet... just photoshop [:)]
I might look into the newer Mazda3 dual set ups in the rear to see what I can hook up.

Probably can't get to the fronts until this coming weekend. I have to do my fog light first since that involves taking off the wheel well liner
i installed those fogs i got from you and didnt have to remove the wheel well liner at all. actually just re did all the wiring this weekend and put in a switch on the dash(=

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I lost my instructions somewhere and went digging for it but I looked at the wiring and the write up here and it seems pretty easy
How did you fish the wiring into the car?

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also I found why my DomsEng endlinks make so much goddang noise.
The heim joints are super loose. There's a bunch of in and out play too. Dominic sent me a new one for a defective one that got banged up but the new one is just like those but doesn't have the dent my bad one got.
A co-worker told me how his have nearly no play at all and we started researching the different kinds. The metal on metal ones Dom offers are loose as hell and that's just how they are.
I found some that are nylon or teflon injected (what my coworker uses on his jeep) and those are supposed to be tight. Ordered 4 from qa1.net (supposedly top notch product) and will do those along with the flaps while i have the stuff apart.

I know.. more excuses to pile up right? [:)]

1 - 20 of 47 Posts