Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Cars&Corgis
4,448 Posts
so, having been gone for a week and having had a girl stay with me for the time I've been gone, I've come to realize a few things about myself.

1st: I'm totally okay with being a bachelor. It was genuinely weird having someone else in the condo again staying with me, since the last person who had was my ex-fiancee (7 months ago). I had gotten used to having the bed to myself and playing xbox in my boxers til 5pm on saturdays. And honestly, I kind of like it. No one to feel obligated to entertain, no expectations to live up to, just me and my tv and my dog. I thought I had been missing out on things because I didn't have a girl, but I realized that I've been missing out this whole time on just doing what makes me happy.

2nd: I am not ready to commit to another relationship. The girl I was with all week is an awesome girl. She knows motorcycles, cars, she's an imgurian (see www.imgur.com for more) and is the easiest to talk to and most understanding and relaxed chick I've ever met. But when it came time to ask her to be my girlfriend, I just couldn't do it. Partially because of reason number 1, but also partially because I'm still healing from my last relationship. 7 months later, here I am, still unable to put myself out on a limb and let someone else in. I dunno, maybe that's what happens after the woman you want to spend your life with is suddenly not in your life anymore. Maybe I'm just jaded?

3rd: I want an Asian chick. No particular reason. Call me racist, but I think that hands down, they contribute the largest amount to the number of gorgeous women in the world. Is that racist? If it's a positive thing? Hmm... Another chat for another thread maybe.

4th: I love my dog. Already knew that, but I think I'm just gonna move somewhere far away and live in the mountains with her. What's the real estate market like up in Pennant, deftmetal? Wanna do a house swap?

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Well you're always welcome here! We have Microsoft, and Bytespeed here for your employment... As well as three major hospitals. Lol.... Very safe . Cheap living costs, and a national rally within an hour ;) come on out. I've got room!

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
A house with a shop would run 30k if you don't feel like haggling.

The truth is you shouldn't have to feel like everything is your responsibility. If you really are going to end up with someone you have to be comfortable not talking to them and doing your own thing and have them comfortable with it at the same time.

Letting someone in is always worth it. The future will sort itself out. Just live in the present.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts

·
Cars&Corgis
4,448 Posts
You can move here. My uncle married into the philippines she has been bring all of her family over the past 20 some years. Lots of pretty girls.
So I can buy a house for 30k where you live AND there's good looking Asian girls there?? How quick can I sell the condo...

Phillipines has mad trannys
I thought that was Thailand?

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
So I can buy a house for 30k where you live AND there's good looking Asian girls there?? How quick can I sell the condo...

I thought that was Thailand?
You can buy a house for 30k but its going to need some work. Your gonna need 70k to get a ok house. 100k is a pretty nice house.

100K is the average for a nice house. If you can come up with 11 million you can buy the only island on indian lake that has a house on it. it actually come with both a main house and a guest house.

http://www.crystalbeachisland.com/

Virtual tour.

http://www.crystalbeachisland.com/crystal-beach-island-virtual-tour-indian-lake-ohio/

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
So three weeks ago, I took the weekend off to drive down to cincy to pick up a driverside door for the mazda and a transmission for my ranger.

Friday night I drove to applebees after work cause they are open till 1am to eat dinner with the wife. On the way home the car began to buck and kick like it had a bad missfire or something. Which it has done in the past and I was able to fix by replacing the cam sensors.

To try to shorten this up a bit. I replaced the cam sensors and found to still have a missfire. Which in return I didn't go to cincy cause I was afraid to leave town.

Later I went to replace all the coils and plugs and found the valve cover was leaking into the plug hole and had to fix that too.

Car was great after fast forward to last weekend, I had to work Saturday and work on the house on Sunday. Car stuttard once in the past two weeks and hoped it was just a brain fart. Couple days later it begans to do it again this time the battery light aswell as the check engine light blink of and on when it happens. Not wanting to drive the car out of town but needing a driver door before I take it to a mazda dealer to have them look it over has been a pain to deal with.

Finally this weekend we make plans take off work, use my mother in laws car so we can finally get the door and the trans from cincy.

I get online last night to check the inventory and low and behold no more mazda6s or compatable ranger that will have the trans I need. What a surprise.

So I do some more seaching and found a yard just south of columbus with a mint black mazda6 door for $200. So we go home and get to bed se we can get up for the drive. Wake up about 11:30ish. Give them a call they close at 1. There's no way we can make the drive in time. Yet another wasted weekend and still a broken car.

It seems eveytime I get a chance step forward to get things done, I end up taking three steps backwards. I need to work all next weekend to make the house payment and it will be two more weeks till I can go get the door. Which I can doubt will be there by then.

When will I ever be able to catch a break?

On top of all this, we keep talking about getting a second car, because I've been on the search for a trans for well over a year and have yet to actually get my hands on one and the focus is just a lost cause.

We needs a second car se we have something for when the mazda is in the shop, and in case the mazda bites the dust.

After having the focus and going through two engines, its always in the back of the mind that the engine is going to go in the mazda. Just because that's my luck.

I really don't think getting a new car is going to happen that's a story for another day. Although we would like to try just cause we can.

So I think we are going to be stuck with the mazda, which is really a nice car but it has its typical ford taurus issues.

We keep finding cars the moment we go do actually drive and buy the car my wife has second thoughts because she is afraid to spend the money, when we don't know how much we are going to need to spend on the house.

We just want a cheap something and I want 4x4 for the winter. Found this last night and really thought it was the one.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/4105266859.html

But low and behold I'm sitting here typing this instead of test driving it...

I just want to get a second car, get the house done, and get the mazda fixed. Then sell the other ranger, and part the focus out.

Is that too much to ask, really?

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

·
Cars&Corgis
4,448 Posts
I'm right there with you man. My focus is a ticking timebomb, just due to the nature of it. I'm always worried that I'm gonna wake up tomorrow morning, and try to start it, and nothings going to happen. The power steering is still shot, I hate that it looks so mismatched with the paint (Its weird picking up a girl in a 7 colored car) and driving it is exhausting because of the steering, which I can't afford to get fixed.

I'm fortunate because my truck runs, so I can use that while the focus is in the shop, but the ranger is gonna need a clutch sooner before later, and I just want to sell it and get a 4wd truck so I can use it in the winter here. I really don't want to drive the focus when the roads are getting bad.

I wish I could be more help, but maybe just realizing that we aren't too far from the same boat can be helpful.

·
Cars&Corgis
4,448 Posts
Hey guys, just need a place to get outside of my own head for a bit and kinda figure some things out with some 3rd party perspective. For some reason lately, I keep thinking about my ex. I don't know why. I mean, I think I do, and it irritates me. I've got an awesome new girl who makes me so happy, but my ex was such a constant in my life for so long, and I planned on being with her forever. Now she's dating a new guy, and for some reason, its really hitting me hard, and I don't get why. I'm happy. But 4 years of someone in your life, and suddenly, they're gone and its not like they died or anything. They're gone because they don't like you anymore. It bothers me that things got to that point. I keep thinking it was my fault, when clearly it wasn't. All my friends who knew the quality of my ex's and my relationship were telling me to run. So why the heck is she still ingrained in my brain? She's hawaiian, so every time i see/hear anything remotely hawaiian, I think of her. Just try that for a day or two and see how many things can be considered hawaiian. everytime there's a ukelele in a commercial. Everytime there's an ad for hawaiian airlines. Every time there's some "hawaiian breeze" scent for laundry detergent or something. Its ridiculous. *sigh* I just want her gone and out of my head.

/rant. Thanks for listening. RR is like my 2nd family.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
My brain hurts so much right now.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts