Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Minty!
6,610 Posts
She doesn't have to move out. Why can't you guys just do things apart sometimes? She has her stuff, you have your stuff and then you have stuff together.
We're trying to work stuff out. Since i posted that, we've kind of came to an agreement. But who knows how long that'll last.

You mean at home, or is it that she wants to go out with you everywhere? It might be worth it to talk to her, maybe she feels the same way. Or have her go shopping or something for a couple hours or so.
For example: She was supposed to go to school yesterday, so i made plans with 2 other people while she would be in school. Then she skipped. So i was left begging to go out (my friends were blowing up my phone) and she never let me see either.

And tbh, sometimes i just wanna be alone for a while. Don't have to deal with anyone when noone's around [dunno]

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
We're trying to work stuff out. Since i posted that, we've kind of came to an agreement. But who knows how long that'll last.

For example: She was supposed to go to school yesterday, so i made plans with 2 other people while she would be in school. Then she skipped. So i was left begging to go out (my friends were blowing up my phone) and she never let me see either.

And tbh, sometimes i just wanna be alone for a while. Don't have to deal with anyone when noone's around [dunno]

Everyone needs alone time once in a while. But she should let you go out with your friends if you already made plans, just makes you look bad.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
I don't think there is any way to ask here to move out without breaking up. She should be supportive if you talk with here about more alone time

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I got it lucky. My wife encourages me to go in the garage and work on the car. She knows that long term it is better for temperament. Granted, if you are in a new relationship, visibility of long term impact is pretty much zero.

I am glad you got something worked out. My advice is to revisit the topic regularly. If you assume it is working for her because it is working for you, you are setting yourself up for a nasty surprise in my experience.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
So, I finally told that girl how I feel about her, she feels the same way about me. Looks like we might start dating, just have to pass the test with her dad... so we'll see haha

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
So, I finally told that girl how I feel about her, she feels the same way about me. Looks like we might start dating, just have to pass the test with her dad... so we'll see haha
That is fantastic man! Hope you manage to pass the father test.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Slap the father with a fish. He will see your great sense of humour and let you in.

Ok I'll admit I just like slapping with fishes. That's great news

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
When I decided on my college to go to, I thought I made the perfect choice. I've seen the campus for years, and it settled well on me. But last year, when I had freshman orientation, I had two horrible days. They were times of decent fun, but I ended up coming home dead tired and exhausted. It didn't help that I left my phone at home for two days. [?|] [?|]

Anyways, shortly after that, I got accustomed to it, as one does. Paid for this and that, really enjoyed the parking situation (awesome garage) and at first it seemed like high school. But then as the days went on, I kinda realized that I didn't have the 5 people that went here from my high school in any classes, and some of the teachers/professors really got on my nerves. This was gen eds, btw. Now I'm in second semester, taking one mechanical engineering class, and I like it as much as first semester. I didn't do too hot first semester, either.

Now, granted I am a commuter, so I know I'm not getting the full college experience, I do have a job and family commitments (I don't really do parties anyways, I love my job). But I realized that with my first real engineering class (the professor from orientation really got everyone psyched for this whole engineering thing) makes me dislike engineering.

The one thing I kinda like about school is the commute, it's long, about 20 miles/45 minute average, but that's a horrible excuse to stay somewhere I'm not happy.

I've decided to go to community college next fall. It's very close, even with traffic, it'll take no more than half an hour, a LOT of my friends go there, many people enjoy it (more than the people at my current school), and I'm switching to teaching. I just have to tell my parents one day. The one thing I'm going to miss the most is the parking garage, but that can be remedied as the Home Depot in the city has a parking garage [thumb]

Anyways, I just wanted to rant/vent about that. I just hate that everyone seems to expect me to do something great with my life. I did great in high school, any APs I could take, all Honors, 4.1/4.0 gpa. At my job, I just stock shelves at a grocery store, and call me crazy, but I love it. People are genuinely happy there. I'm not in the lowest position, I actually get to be in charge of a team, but it's nothing THAT special. I just wish life was easier sometimes. I wish I could just turn my Focus into a true rally car and just rally all day long [driving]

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Bro all ican say is do what makes YOU happy... I'm not looking too be a millionaire... I just want too have my own tuning and performance shop someday... And an STI... Maybe a wife... No big Fortune 500 crap... Just something I'm happy with

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Bro all ican say is do what makes YOU happy... I'm not looking too be a millionaire... I just want too have my own tuning and performance shop someday... And an STI... Maybe a wife... No big Fortune 500 crap... Just something I'm happy with
Awesome list

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
Exactly! People don't get that anymore. A decent house, decent car, nice wife/family.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
My motto is work to live, don't live to work. I have offers to earn more money, but I have a family and time with them is more important to me. Sure, an Aston Martin would be sweet, but if I never get to drive it because I am at work all the time, what's the point?

61 - 80 of 119 Posts