Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Probably would wanna find a daily... And hey maybe I'll even buy it from you!
Still debating on rally team or wrc replica daily driver
I am waiting to hear back on the bank to see if i can upgrade. I have the 2013 Evo MR in my sights...

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nice :) I personally would take a Subie but that's just me. How much would you want for the focus?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nice :) I personally would take a Subie but that's just me. How much would you want for the focus?
Every one and their brother has an STI here... its insane. I really dont know how much i would like for it because its an 06 with 52,XXX and i have to hear from the bank to see whats happening first

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'd buy it but its a mk1.5 and the Pumaspeed kit only fits the mk1.0

We could run it for rally for sure though

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I really wish I could get a nice STI or EVO, but I just don't think I can commit to a car payment with college looming :'( so let's just hope I still want one in 5 years haha I probably will

But theres some pretty cheap older subies, seems like the older and awd would be preferrable to rally than newer and fwd? just imo

·
Registered
486 Posts
I really wish I could get a nice STI or EVO, but I just don't think I can commit to a car payment with college looming :'( so let's just hope I still want one in 5 years haha I probably will
Thats why i want one now! The next EVO is going to be a diesel hybrid... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so i wanna get the newest model of the EVO X... The STI's are nice but as you will see when you move to Mequon there will be sooooooooo many of them around its insane

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you really want to rally. And I mean **really** want to rally, there is a club level with a lot more regional events than just the RA schedule has. And it only costs hundreds of dollars to enter per event as opposed to thousands of dollars for a national event. For a gent in MN, look up the land o lakes region of the SCCA for the local rallycross event schedules. That can have you getting some wheel time in right now on snow or dirt and you'll be meeting folks that do both rally and rallyx.

Second, do not build your own car first. Find one of the many on sale through special stage website or over on rally anarchy. Get in contact with the RA officials to make sure its still official and buy it pre made. Especially if you can get a deal on a tow vehicle and/or trailer to get the car to the rally.

Third, right now, before you save up anymore pennies, go to local rallies and rallyx and volunteer as a course marshal. Learning set ups, time controls, and getting to know the people that are out there making this happen is only going to be beneficial to you. If it takes you a year to save up for a car, you'll already have multiple events under your belt and all kinds of cool people you will have met.

darkknight9 jr and Travis

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'd buy it but its a mk1.5 and the Pumaspeed kit only fits the mk1.0

We could run it for rally for sure though
All you have to do is swap the front end and the pumaspeed kit gives you the fenders and bumper so you would only need headlights grill and hood to put it on a mk1.5

#AINTCARE
#TIRESLAYER
[HOONIGAN]

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
If you really want to rally. And I mean **really** want to rally, there is a club level with a lot more regional events than just the RA schedule has. And it only costs hundreds of dollars to enter per event as opposed to thousands of dollars for a national event. For a gent in MN, look up the land o lakes region of the SCCA for the local rallycross event schedules. That can have you getting some wheel time in right now on snow or dirt and you'll be meeting folks that do both rally and rallyx.

Second, do not build your own car first. Find one of the many on sale through special stage website or over on rally anarchy. Get in contact with the RA officials to make sure its still official and buy it pre made. Especially if you can get a deal on a tow vehicle and/or trailer to get the car to the rally.

Third, right now, before you save up anymore pennies, go to local rallies and rallyx and volunteer as a course marshal. Learning set ups, time controls, and getting to know the people that are out there making this happen is only going to be beneficial to you. If it takes you a year to save up for a car, you'll already have multiple events under your belt and all kinds of cool people you will have met.
Excellent advice!

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Lol been doing all of that already :) I've been to Ojibwe forest twice now... Volunteered. Went too LSPR a while back. Was at Nemadji.
Also Carver house rally, not to mention the auto cross events I've been too!

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I know how to go a out doing it, just not sure if I want wrc replica or rally team

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know how to go a out doing it, just not sure if I want wrc replica or rally team
Well, if you go with the team, do be careful to remember which classes a novice can rally in, which ones require the restrictor devices, how often you will need to change your belts and your hans device pieces, and get any kind of wheel time you can with your codriver.

Going to a rally school for a week or a weekend never hurts either. Being able to understand the guy in the seat next to you when he says: "Jump into immediate right hand bend severity 2 tightens 50 keep into minus 2 tightens" is not only a good thing, but you wont do well without it. [hihi]

21 - 34 of 34 Posts