Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets discuss our assets, our income, and the things we need to
Make this possible

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'm collegeish student, don't have a ton of savings, but theres nothing I'd rather spend the extra money I do have than on this. Where would we race?

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rally America schedule next year. It's mostly northern us

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Do you have to race the whole season, or is it possbile to just do a few races?

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any races... But why not be competitive :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
What are your plans for next year? and are you thinking about using that old subie?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Do you want to race or do you want to build a car? If you want to race, but a built car. Cheap, used up, whatever. Then pick a race and go.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I am in COMPLETELY the wrong part of the country, but I have a tubing bender and a welder.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Yea I was going to say unless someone is good with tubing, welding. Your gonna be spending a pretty penny on the cage alone.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
And I think theres a bunch of regulations on the cage too, so you can't just throw some shit together and weld it up :/ You really got to plan it out

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Not to be an ass, but every part of a race car should be well planned out. I have spent enough time at speed to know that failing to plan is planning to fail. Seriously. Rule #1 of race cars is that if can go wrong, it will, when you are going over 100 mph, with no run off.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
If you guys run a Focus, I'll donate some parts to the cause.

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's just it... My buddy max welds cages... He has built 20 cages so far lol

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trust me guys :) I've looked into it. With the guys I know not only in Fetela Rally team, Trauma Rally Team, and well we have Juggernaut Motorsports on here... I'm well aware of regulations and have even calculated costs... I've been looking
On rally anarchy for a plane Jane ready to race zx3. Right now though I'm looking at one of two things, a team, or a wrc replica. Ill probably work on a replica first, but I've always wanted too compete.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I am paraphrasing, but I remember reading the following:

"I'd like to go back to the day that someone introduced me to racing and have them introduce me to drugs instead. They have treatment programs for drug addiction."

The other one that I think applies here is:

"There's a small fortune to be made in racing; just start with a large one."

Good luck.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Did you guys find a car? if you didnt we might be able to use mine... In the near future i am looking to upgrade, a substantial amount. If i upgrade i would happily like to set something up and make this rally team dream a reality. If i dont upgrade we will keep searching for a car.

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Probably would wanna find a daily... And hey maybe I'll even buy it from you!

Still debating on rally team or wrc replica daily driver

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Because racecar. Go racing while you are young.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts