Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have any rally related questions ask them here.

·
No Mo Fo Fo
3,246 Posts
Ventilation? What is the best way to keep dust out of the car? I’m gonna cover the holes in the floor board and check the seams, was thinking of running some kind of flex pipe from the front into the cab to keep fresh air coming in. Any ideas?

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well roof scoops are a great way to keep fresh air in the car. As far as dust, you can only do so much. I would just do a roof scoop. They look bad ass too...

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try to keep your doors sealed really well too. That's a lot of it. And keep the air off.

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Run it through the engine bay with a fliter. Regardless the winter is cold and you can't get around lower temps, have a functional roof scoop and keep it closed.

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and racing suits are warm lol

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Oh and racing suits are warm lol
Why, is it kind of like a wetsuit? [joke]

Thats true I guess, obviously if you're installing a roof scoop, you're pretty serious and don't care about cold haha.

Or just move to a more mild climate

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also... Most rally cars have plexiglass or whatever windows with vents on them... Facing backwards... Keeps air flowing and pressure equalized... Also helps a little with dust I guess... But you can't really stop dust from getting in your car unless you are completely sealed

·
Registered
57 Posts
Keeping all the dust out is almost impossible.

1. Seal all holes in the body shell...there are more than you might think such as in the rear fender wells etc.
2. Create positive air pressure in the car from a clean source such as a roof vent.... a filter in the vent helps too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts