Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin into trying to get one of these kits so i can go with 15 inch steelies for snow tires and still have 4 discs, my hold up is that i need help, does anyone know if i was to get one of these kits and down the road i needed to replace the pads or rotors what i would go into a autoparts store and order. if anyone knows if these are the stock size for some other model or the pads are stock for some other model? the part number for this kit is M-2300-ZX3R

·
Registered
268 Posts
You can call Ford Racing's Hotline at 1-800-367-3788 and they can give you the part number for the brake pads. Also if you order the kit the part numbers for the calipers are written on the boxes, should be able to cross check them to find out what the pads are. If you need more help in this department I can do a little research for you. This is an answer I should know as I have this kit on my car.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
you can oder rotors and pads for the 00-04 advancetrac equipped ford focus.

i know this cuz my car has this..........stock!!

and yeah it rocks.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
The rally kit uses 05-07 rotors and pads up front and 02-04 SVT rotors and pads for the rear. You'll just have to mix and match parts, but they are all standard parts so you won't have to worry about any special order or custom parts.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the info

its nice to get good awnsers, now if i can get this kit for a decent price that would be better

·
un1corn
2,703 Posts
Call Mike at Hilbish Ford. He's a sponsor on the forums here, look in the sponsors section. He should be able to hook you up with the rally brake kit for around $800. I don't have the

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone with this kit drove in the snow yet?

im just curious if having the same size brakes in the back as the front makes the back a little to grabby

·
Registered
268 Posts
You have to remember that the caliper pistons on the front are bigger than the pistons on the rear calipers. Makes it a well balanced system.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Something else you MAY be able to do is upgrade the front calipers to those found on the 08+ Focus. Those calipers are much larger, but they will still fit under 15s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts