Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

Has anyone installed a set of Rally Armor universal flaps on their MK3?

The fronts are going to be a breeze, but the rears are going to be a huge PITA from what I can tell. (kinda kicking myself for not getting the custom Focus set).

Any tips?

Thanks!

·
Registered
505 Posts
i had the same set on my focus. front was easy. and the rears were fairly too. just be patient.

i used a slab of cardboard with the flap outline on it as a template. poke the screws through the board and then align it up to your liking. use a silver sharpie to transfer the hole setup to the flaps. then drill and install. just flip your template for the opposite side.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice.
There doesn't really seem to be anything to screw the rear flaps into. There's no lip on the bumper to screw them into. I'll have to fabricate something.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thanks for the advice.
There doesn't really seem to be anything to screw the rear flaps into. There's no lip on the bumper to screw them into. I'll have to fabricate something.
there is, you just need 2" (i think) screws. youll be taking out the bolts that are holding the felt thing in place and just need screws to reach that.

watch this it helped me out.

http://youtu.be/nwOI6Q8hK4Y

even tho our flaps are not the specific ones like this. it gives you the idea for mounting position.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Frenchie. Use 2.5" (or 3" for a better hold) #10 sheet metal screws. I put vinyl tubing cut to length as spacers in the gaps and a big washer, nut and bolt for the free hanging hole in the liner.

On the fronts I just grabbed some of those push pin clips that hold the Snorkel in from Pep-Boys and used those. They are holding up just fine.

I traced my flaps on some cardboard and cut them out so i could line it all up right and actually installed the cardboard flaps to take a look and moved them around accordingly. Then did my drilling for the holes.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Just incase you aren't taking your wheels off the back... getting the Gorilla flaps on (same supplier?) i did this...

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
schrodingersbox I did the same but without the wrench. I just hand twisted the screws in. I like your idea better though haha

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the ideas/help gents. I'll be doing the install Sunday. Cheers!!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
No problem, take some pics for us when you've got them on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts