Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a powerwoks charger and i am running 10 psi. If i were to put a smaller pully on to run arond 15psi would i have to upgrade my internals. I have a 2002 zx3.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you will be pushing the absolute limits of the internals. I know of a guy at MTU who is running 15 psi off of a turbo but has a conservative tune! you may be able to do it. he is at 250 whp and 230 wtq.

·
Registered
113 Posts
where is your power at now, and where would you like it to be? if you want anything over 250whp i would say DEFINITELY start thinking about a new motor, or a badass internal build. especially if this is your DD, you can't gamble (unless you've got some cash saved up).

imho, anything over 220whp/200wtq on our cars is dancing with the devil.

looking at your mods, i would hesitate to put a smaller pulley on. that is unless of course you have the money saved up for a new motor and just feel like blowing something up.

on a side note, welcome to the site. you and i aren't too far away, i hope to see you on the road sometime.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
If it was me.... I wouldnt run much more than 12psi on Zetec internals.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how can i get 12 psi,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
want more boost

how can i get more boost out of my powerworks supercharger im boosting 10 psi like to get 12 psi

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
is it a vortech or roots???

·
Registered
548 Posts
Massive sells a quick change pulley kit to increase boost 2-6+ psi on your roots blower, but like orange said don't run more than 12psi on a stock Zetec engine.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Am I reading that right-dyno tuned at 178/146? Seems low for 10 psi. I have 8.5 psi and am pushing 208/186-you should be closer to 220. What dyno was that on?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
my stock internal zetec is pushing 20 plus pounds on it. [boxface]

What kinda power r u making? IMO, that is way to much for the stock zetec, heck, thats about the limit for the svt and they have forged rods!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a overdrive pully that i can sell you it claims 2 pounds of boost. i bought it when i was supercharged and it was never put on cause i went turbo. let me know if you want it

·
Registered
12 Posts
the only thing that may cause pain for you if you push to 15 is the connecting rods. it's the only thing that's handicapping a Zetec change them to a higher quality ones and you can push it to 15 also make sure to get the ARP stud bolts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts