Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2012 Titanium. There was a tropical downpour this morning here in Southwestern Ohio. My Rain Sensing Wipers did not come on. Any trick to it, any setting required ? I tested in the garage this evening and no success. HELP ???

Also, I saw a video on You Tube in which the engine has a cover in the center (under the hood). I checked and do not have one. What gives ? What does the community have ?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wipers arm must be clicked up one setting for rain sensing wipers. Then you adjust the sensitivity with the wheel on the arm. As for the engine cover.. can you post a pic? I know my engine looks like a just a big plastic cover from up top

·
Registered
362 Posts
Only Ti's got the cover (Yes, I see you have) and unsure of the date cutoff, but Ford dropped the engine cover from them sometime over the summer. You can still order it yourself or if its shows up on you window sticker, some have gotten from dealer. BUT some dealers have been notified to no longer supply cover even if stated. YMMV

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ditto

I also have a one week old (not quite) titanium hatch. Mine does not have the engine cover. I think it might be a heat thing. maybe it runs cooler without it? My Focus seems to run warm down here in Tampa Bay.

Where do you find the dates for build?

I know it's already in the forums somewhere but I'm tired. Been working for like 14 hours.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Build date: 5/16/2011

Titanium with no engine cover. [:(]

·
Registered
781 Posts
build date 6/28. arrived 8/2. no engine cover. parts manager tried to order it from ford and was told it was no longer available.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did notice that my SEL hatch has a large sound deadening cover on the under side of the hood. Do the people with the cover not have this? Just a thought.

·
Registered
548 Posts
That looks so clean. The candy blue looks great. I'm sure I'll order a cover if it doesn't come with one
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
425 Posts
I did notice that my SEL hatch has a large sound deadening cover on the under side of the hood. Do the people with the cover not have this? Just a thought.
I have that too. I assume all the cars have it? Not sure about the base S and SE though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone without the engine cover try going to ford's ETIS web site and enter your vin
See if it was included?
Mine states it was but as noted I do not have the car yet.
Interesting if they stated it has a cover but does not!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Anyone without the engine cover try going to ford's ETIS web site and enter your vin
See if it was included?
Mine states it was but as noted I do not have the car yet.
Interesting if they stated it has a cover but does not!
Mine says it should have a cover (and does not)

·
Registered
425 Posts
ETIS is european, and not accurate for US spec cars. Your car won't have an engine cover, they were discontinued after May 20th or so.

·
Registered
548 Posts
They also state my car has rear drum brakes when it doesn't so... Can't complain
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
ETIS is european, and not accurate for US spec cars. Your car won't have an engine cover, they were discontinued after May 20th or so.
Must have been before May 16th because my car doesn't have one either.

Oh well, doesn't bother me that much. It's just one more thing I have to take off when something goes wrong.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Drunken

I also have a one week old (not quite) titanium hatch. Mine does not have the engine cover. I think it might be a heat thing. maybe it runs cooler without it? My Focus seems to run warm down here in Tampa Bay.

Where do you find the dates for build?

I know it's already in the forums somewhere but I'm tired. Been working for like 14 hours.

Thanks!
And drunk I was. I know it's on the door sticker I was trying to find it on the window sticker. Is it on the window sticker?

Build date 8/11.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts