Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get lousy radio reception? I spend a lot of time in my car. I listen to talk FM radio. This is a new company vehicle....I get the same station perfect in my own car and in my previous company vehicle. Just wondering if it's only this Focus, or if others have this issue.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Does anyone else get lousy radio reception? I spend a lot of time in my car. I listen to talk FM radio. This is a new company vehicle....I get the same station perfect in my own car and in my previous company vehicle. Just wondering if it's only this Focus, or if others have this issue.
No problem with reception here. Sorry to hear about your issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe there's a wire loose to the antenna? Perhaps you could compare with the radio of another similar Focus at your dealer, and if there's an obvious difference they can spend the time (under warranty) trying to find the problem.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was surprised when driving from Oklahoma City back to Dallas. I was listening to the Dallas Cowboys game and the station announced it was in San Antonio Texas, over 350 miles away. It was an afternoon game, but must have been some weird atmospheric condition since FM signals are line of sight.

I can't complain about my FM reception.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ya I actually am having better reception in this car than I have in previous cars. There are a few spots that the HD cuts out, but I haven't had a single time when a station I knew was within 100 miles had any trouble at all.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is my first time using HD radio and I have to say I am in LOVE. Sometimes the signal cuts out and WOW what a difference!

·
Registered
251 Posts
had same problem especially with am stations ... the antenna has a powered amplifier in the base ... in my case they had to drop the headliner and push the plug back in.

Radio is just as good as any other radio ... once the base of the antenna gets its 12 V

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't listen to the radio much, but I am surprised how often I get poor reception. One of the few shortcomings of this car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Double check the tightness of the antenna. I found that mine was just a bit loose and once I tightened it, I had great reception. Seems silly but worked for me.[dunno]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts