Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2009 Focus S, its in GREAT shape except the radio has some issues.... It powers on but then i have no controls. I cant change the station, volume, power button doesnt work, nothing. I pulled it out to see if i could find anything wrong with it but everything seemed to be in place. Any ideas what i could do..?

·
Registered
148 Posts
make SURE the wire plug on the right side of the head unit is connected this will CAUSE the same thing you are talking about. If you got your car used and someone had taken out the head unit and forgot to plug it back in that would be the issue. when not connected the wire don't stand out with all the wires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled it out and everything looked alright... I even unplugged and plugged everything back in making sure it was all in properly but still doesnt work. Could be a short in the radio..?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I just bought a 2009 Focus S, its in GREAT shape except the radio has some issues.... It powers on but then i have no controls. I cant change the station, volume, power button doesnt work, nothing. I pulled it out to see if i could find anything wrong with it but everything seemed to be in place. Any ideas what i could do..?
Hi cbaines89,

If you just bought your Focus from a Ford dealer, you may want to bring it in for inspection and see if it has a short or wiring issue. Enjoy the new ride!

~Natasha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Issue resolved.

I'm currently having the same problem. The radio powers on, but the only thing I see on the display are the words "Ford Focus."

Did you resolve this issue? If so, what was the problem? Is it something I can fix myself, or do I have to take it in?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts