Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2012 Focus SE with the door sail tweeters. I have installed a lot of aftermarket radios and subwoofers before so I definitely don't consider myself a noob but this car is so confusing when it comes to aftermarket radios I could use some advice. I've read hundreds of threads and watched lots of videos but most of them just confuse me more. Maybe I'm just overthinking it but any advice would be great!

I'd like to retain Sync and my steering wheel controls. Below I have listed what I have picked out, is this all I need?

Pioneer DMH-1500NEX
iDatalink Maestro RR
Scosche Dashkit
Metra 40-EU10 antenna adapter

One of my big questions is there a wiring harness I need to buy for my radio to plug into the factory plugs or should the Scosche dashkit come with a wiring kit? I saw the iDatalink dash kit comes with one but I didn't see the metra or scosche one coming with a harness. Every radio I've installed had a separate wiring harness I needed to buy but I can't find anything for this car. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
41 Posts
To use the Maestro RR you need the wording harness from iDatalink. They sell it separately from the dash kit. Don't know the exact part number for the wiring harness. The RR will let you keep steering wheel controls but not Sync. Don't think there is a setup to keep Sync. Just use Android Assistant or Apple Siri by mapping a button on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
13 SE Manual Hatch
40 Posts
with the RR i was able to keep the USB and AUX port. I orginally wanted the aux port and i used it for awhile. why do you want to keep sync? siri or google work pretty well.

I didn't have to buy a seperate wiring harness for the RR it came with one and all i had to do was splice in a few wires.

The list you have should be all you need, or i could be wrong my memory is shit lately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts