Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so does anybody know what it means when the display on your radio flashes on and off? Its been happening on and off recently and it seems to flash faster every time.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
289 Posts
like goin off and you have to turn it back on ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it stays on, just the display flashes. I mean sometimes it turns off but that's only because the locking mechanism for the removable buttons has worn down over the years. But the flashing display is new.

·
Registered
289 Posts
sounds like a short somewhere have you checked to see?

·
Registered
457 Posts
yeah sounds like the backlight is either shorting out, or about ready to go out...just a guess though.

·
Registered
289 Posts
the display screen could just short out and not work or the whole radio could short out

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does it turn completely turn off, like a blank screen and then come back on? At least that's what mine does...

I have a dealer appointment on Thursday to fix a few recall items, hopefuly this will be solved then.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the display turns completely off and the comes back on, but the radio stays on the whole time. and now today when i was driving the radio seemed to freeze. the display wouldn't change when i hit and button including the off switch. i had to pull the number thingy to get it to work right again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts