Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I really hope someone out there can help me/tell me what is going on.

I have a 2010 SES Sedan with a factory radio system.
A few days ago when I started the car the radio display said "Ford Focus" (which is normal at intial startup) but after the words faded out they returned again and the clock, radio, sync etc does not work. No buttons on the front will turn the radio on.

This morning when I was leaving for work the battery died and I had to get a jump. After work I replaced the battery and I'm still having the display issue.

From what I've read online apparently if the power source gets disconnected the radio locks itself. Is this true? Shouldn't it say its locked instead of "Ford Focus"?

I've looked through the fuses (Sync, Radio Start, Radio display) and they seem fine.

Any idea what is going on/how to fix?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I worked the rest of the week on Mon, Tue and Wed. I didn't go anywhere Thursday and when I went to go to the bank on Friday I went out and the battery was dead again!
Took it over to my mechanic, left it for the day and he spent all day looking for the issue.
The new battery was fine, the altenator was fine, the charging system was fine, solenoids, leads, etc. were all fine. He couldn't find a damn thing wrong with it.
So I took it home, went to work Sat and Sun without issue, came home I started pulling fuses again. Pulled Sync, Radio, center console etc. Still nothing. I then noticed a fuse for the subwoofer and then pulled the 6 or 7 left fuses from top to bottom. Still nothing. Then I gave up and a little later I was going out to pick up dinner in the evening and suddenly I hear static when I turn the car on!
The radio was working again, no code needed, all the stations on AM, FM and Sirius were still saved.
It just randomly started working again.
We've had a few really cold mornings and there hasn't been any issue starting and the radio remains on.
No idea what caused the issue and no idea what cured the issue.
Just wanted to update this post in case any else is searching for this issue like I was. The only thing I can say is pull the radio related fuses and don't forget the subwoofer fuse. Maybe that was it maybe not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts