Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I believe it, but given what I know about how this stuff works, my belief would be that even paying crazy dealership prices for a radio is still a band-aid, since you'll just get a new one that's the same as what was in there, with the same potential problems in a couple of years.

Glad you got 3 years from your junkyard part. You're one of the lucky ones there,
Yup for sure, its like the DCT "fix" the dealers come up with... Still a band-aid fix IMO as well. They put an most updated parts in and they "can" still fail. Not a matter of if but when.

You having any issues with your radio too?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've got the Sony 10 speaker setup, which doesn't seem to have the same issues. It seems to be the Sync 1 radios that most people have problems with, and I've got hte MFT system which doesn't seem to have the same problems. If I had the Sync 1, I'd be gathering parts to put one of the many aftermarket radios that I already own into the car, along with the rest of a decent sound system.

As is, I'm looking at the DSP and integration parts to put some decent amplifiers into the system, but almost everything that I've read seems to conclude that it's just not worth the trouble trying to replace the MFT head unit with any kind of aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Side note if anyone is in the NE Ohio area and wants my old broken radio for parts or to take apart for testing DM me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
anyone have a fix? Turning the car on and off gets old. But that should be some sort of clue about WHAT exactly is wrong.
What lemons these fords are! Sheesh Never againi

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
units are junk and don't last long..

some people had good luck with thermal paste/heat sinks but I tried that with no luck. Im searching another junk yard or someone parting out mk3 models for another radio with my part number. fun fun

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ingot, I know a junkyard that always has tons of MK3's. I'll share if you don't swipe everything there, and don't tell anyone. McMahons off W65 near Cleveland. I've got a new leather interior, door gasket, trunk lid cover, radio, coolant tanks etc. from there. Nice guys at the counter too. Fair pricing IMHO.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Ingot, I know a junkyard that always has tons of MK3's. I'll share if you don't swipe everything there, and don't tell anyone. McMahons off W65 near Cleveland. I've got a new leather interior, door gasket, trunk lid cover, radio, coolant tanks etc. from there. Nice guys at the counter too. Fair pricing IMHO.
thanks man, ill look them up

61 - 70 of 70 Posts