Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
I guess, ya I know I have a MK5 GTI project car (money pit) - head units can be around 2k for them hahaha

Not looking to spend any extra on my focus daily.
My worse money pit was my old MK3 Golf... 1.8L refused to die but the car was a rust cancer... changed the floor even crossmembers.

Shock towers had holes the size of my fist!

Everything was repaired.... but you know not safe for a family anymore!

Anyway I had to let her go when I bought my MK3 Focus.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My worse money pit was my old MK3 Golf... 1.8L refused to die but the car was a rust cancer... changed the floor even crossmembers.

Shock towers had holes the size of my fist!

Everything was repaired.... but you know not safe for a family anymore!

Anyway I had to let her go when I bought my MK3 Focus.
My MK5

Shaved front, APR stg 2, bagged, oem plus, blah, blah, blah

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I need this CM5Z18C869HA part number, going to the local scrap yards before paying 325 at the dealer. I know what I need and not paying the service charge to check and install when I can do it/know whats wrong.

Look at this 20 page thread of countless ford owners having the same issue please let us know why this is not a TSB/extended warranty yet?!?

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/car-audio-sync-myford-touch-electronics/358625-crackling-radio-problem-my-2012-sel-20.html
IngotMK3,

I wish I could help with locating the part and warranty coverage, but my area of expertise is SYNC In-Vehicle Technology. Our Ford Service counterparts have temporarily stepped away from the forum. For now, please reach out to them by:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FordServiceUS
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fordservice
Phone: 1-800-392-FORD

For immediate assistance, please reach out to your dealer, or locate one here: Ford Dealers | Locate a Ford Dealer Near You | Ford.com

Cara

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
New part number update as the 1st dealer gave me something different. Had some free time to full mine and this is it - CM5T-19C107-HB

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got a used radio from a local guy parting out a few focus models for $50 today.
Happy to have a radio again!

/Thread

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
Got a used radio from a local guy parting out a few focus models for $50 today.
Happy to have a radio again!

/Thread
/everythingsfinenow?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Grab one from a junkyard with the same part number.
Should be around $80.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ford Focus Radio Issue-Keeps cutting off

I have a 2013 Focus with the EXACT same issue. It has been getting slowly worse for a month or so. It got so bad yesterday that I pulled the fuse (#79). Anyone else having this problem? How about a cause? I have 68k miles on it so its out of warrenty.
Based on some of these posts seems like Ford has a problem with the radio on their hands.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I have a 2013 Focus with the EXACT same issue. It has been getting slowly worse for a month or so. It got so bad yesterday that I pulled the fuse (#79). Anyone else having this problem? How about a cause? I have 68k miles on it so its out of warrenty.
Based on some of these posts seems like Ford has a problem with the radio on their hands.
So is it 68k or 58K?
I have a 2013 Focus with the EXACT same issue. It has been getting slowly worse for a month or so. Anyone else having this problem? How about a cause? I have 52k miles on it so its out of warrenty.
Based on some of these posts seems like Ford has a problem with the radio on their hands. Maybe we will need to do another class action for the radio just like the transmission.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
So is it 68k or 58K?
Irrelevant, ford will not cover this.

Yes many people are having this issue as seen in this thread.
Who knows, prone to fail.

Not sure how many times i have said this.. go to a junk yard or someone parting out and get it for $50-100 then paying the dealer more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 Ford Focus radio popping issues

Anyone else still having this issue where the radio makes annoying loud popping and static sound that randomly occurs even when the car is turned off? This is insane and should be fixed by Ford, since it has happened to so many. Please let me know if you are having this problem, filing a complaint with Ford and the more that speak out the better. It is a dangerous issue that can cause an accident.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Anyone else still having this issue where the radio makes annoying loud popping and static sound that randomly occurs even when the car is turned off? This is insane and should be fixed by Ford, since it has happened to so many. Please let me know if you are having this problem, filing a complaint with Ford and the more that speak out the better. It is a dangerous issue that can cause an accident.
i would love to get one of those cars with that issue to see what the cause is.. OR at least a known bad module so i can check it

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
i would love to get one of those cars with that issue to see what the cause is.. OR at least a known bad module so i can check it
Wish I hadn't thrown mine away when I replaced it.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Wish I hadn't thrown mine away when I replaced it.
heh it happens [cheers]... not expecting people to hold on to something broken... someone may have one collecting dust on a shelf..

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
heh it happens [cheers]... not expecting people to hold on to something broken... someone may have one collecting dust on a shelf..
True. I normally would have held onto it for a little while, but I was about to move.

Like a week or so after I threw mine away, one of the guys on other the thread about this supposedly had some success taking it apart and applying some thermal past of some sort to part of it. Haven't heard of anyone else trying it.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts