Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so for a while now I've ignored this since my car was running kinda crappy. But I just brought it into Ford and I needed all new motor mounts, a transmission mount, and completely new brakes. I have no clue as to how my car got that way.

SO, to get to the point, when the car had all the things wrong with it, sometimes, while listening to the radio, when coming to a stop, my engine would cutoff, but not the power so I know its not the battery. This is still happening after everything was fixed.

As for my radio, sometimes when I'm driving the whole display starts to blink on and of, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Other times, the radio sort of freezes and I have to take off the button thing (excuse my lack of knowledge on what its called) for it to start working again. I use the same method to stop the blinking, but that doesn't always work.

So, does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on with my car?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would suggest checking the ground for the radio, as well as the major engine ground points. There should also be a noise reduction capacitor attached to your coil pack which is supposed to help prevent interference from the high speed switching of the ignition circuitry.

This problem could certainly be a lot of things. It is interesting to see it only happens when the radio is on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts